Woven Feed Bag bags?

eggrookie2010

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes I was in on that conversation and was worried about the copy right business from the maker of the feed if the bags were sold. (I have had this problem with copyright fabric) and I couldnt believe it last night I opened the new edition of Backyard Poultry and there was a couple page article on how to do this. They sure are cute.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I don't normally buy Layena, but I saw the pink bags and bought one just to make a bag out of it. I was planning on selling it. What kind of trouble could I get in from copyright issues? I mean, I bought the bag. :idunno

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Contact the company and tell them you bought their feed for the first time because you liked their bag so much that you wanted to make a shopping bag from it. Ask for permission. Point out that the bag will be a walking advertisement and will attract a lot of attention, as it did yours. If the one who answers your letter has any brain cells at all, they will send you a fistful of coupons with their blessings on your bag-making business. :p

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
goldenluver said:
there is a whole thread on BYC about making those bags, complete with detailed instructions
Mother Earth News and Backyard Poultry magazines had articles in their recent magazines. I have a stockpile of them so I can start making them, myself....plan on using them for groceries and also using old clothing, too.

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Some thing I found that makes the sewing easier is to loosen your tention alittle. Also if you have a walking foot (used for quilting) it helps to move the bag thru your feed dogs when sewing. Hope this helps

piecemaker

Latest posts