WTF

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201121-104046.png

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The three vertically arranged stars are Orion's belt. Turn your head 90 degrees and you'll see Orion rising in the east. He is in the right spot. This star is just to the south of it as you describe in your drawing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this...thought I was going nuts for a while.
Cheers,

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are so many visible stars here, it would be impossible to notice new ones. There is just no way to even count those visible to the naked eye. The night sky is one of the best things about living in the bush. And if the power went out, we'd be the last to know of any global disaster.

A couple years ago, the power did go out for around 48 hours. It was sort of eerie but that is the situation I have tried to prepare for, so I did my normal thing and waited for it to come back on. It did. A little part of me was disappointed that it was nothing more than dodgy powerlines...

The days are longer here with summer. If the sun is up, the buns are up. Sucks to still be sweating in the sun at 7pm and we've not even reached the solstice yet. Stay safe over there. It's probably the first time to be thankful that the festivities fall during summer down under, people are out in the open air.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The three vertically arranged stars are Orion's belt. Turn your head 90 degrees and you'll see Orion rising in the east. He is in the right spot. This star is just to the south of it as you describe in your drawing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this...thought I was going nuts for a while.
Cheers,

The two stars horizontally across the top blink and change colors. I'm almost betting these are not stars at all but is some of Elon Musk space junk.