What did you do in your garden today?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our local grocery that has bulk sells both. Yes they can be sprouted usually so could be planted. Otherwise Id try a health food store. Bobs Red Mill probably carries both in their products so at worst check Amazon.

Im not sure about growing grain on small plots for human use. Ive only grown millet for the silkies as a treat at they are happy to pick the seeds off the spray. Just seems that space would be more efficiently used for other plants that give more value for space used when I know I can buy the grain.

I will grow buckwheat as a cover crop again. Collecting seed is a bit of a hassle, though, because of how the seed ripens.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I truly believe I was trying to kill me 😵‍💫😁. My back just said "no more!". So, I'm inside where it's cool. 6 hrs is enough. But planted potatoes, corn, beans, squashes, eggplant, pepper plants, tomato plants, radish, beets, onions, and ??? I'm not half done. And more than one type of each 🙄

I watered in the plants, last thing. Body says cardboard & mulch will have to wait, along with posts & CPs for tomatoes & other climbers.

I'm dirty, tired and possibly crazy. 🤣

LaurenRitz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our local grocery that has bulk sells both. Yes they can be sprouted usually so could be planted. Otherwise Id try a health food store. Bobs Red Mill probably carries both in their products so at worst check Amazon.

Im not sure about growing grain on small plots for human use. Ive only grown millet for the silkies as a treat at they are happy to pick the seeds off the spray. Just seems that space would be more efficiently used for other plants that give more value for space used when I know I can buy the grain.

I will grow buckwheat as a cover crop again. Collecting seed is a bit of a hassle, though, because of how the seed ripens.
I'm doing grain cover crops for the chickens, let them harvest and then mow it all down in the spring.