wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH bought about 250 pounds of wheat from the local grain elevator, well, the neighbor bought about a ton and we got a bunch from him. It was not complelety cleaned and ready to be milled into flour. We had been trying to clean it manually, what a pain and a very slow process. And now with the farmland, we would like to try to grow our own wheat.

Se we bought a Gleaner off of Craigs list. It will need a little work, but should make cleaning grain a lot easier and faster. The handle turns the fan and shakes the screens. so as the grain trickles into the machine, a fan blows away the chaff.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is going to need some work to rehab it a bit. Like I said, it works but some of the wood is a little bit dry rotted and I am going to see if we can get some new screening.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
way cool, when i looked at the last picture i decided it was some kind of sifter but still didn't know what. hopefully you can get it all fixed up and usable

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We just bought a Grain Roller Mill, for making Oatmeal. Can't wait to try it out. I have a huge tub of Oatmeal already, the Old Fashioned Oats that take 10 minutes to cook, so I will have to wait until that is gone before I buy any groats to roll.

I want to grind some wheat for homemade bread also. DH and I are going to start Weight Watchers on Monday, so I may not get a chance this weekend.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I made whole wheat Indian Fry Bread for breakfast as one last hurrah before starting the diet 2 weeks ago. It was really good.
Diet is doing OK. I lost 5 pounds the first week and another pound this last week. Last week was rough because lack of sleep made for some poor choices.

I would like you to meet our new farm dog - err, farm puppy.
This is Gustav (aka Gus). He is now 8 weeks old and is DH's puppy. DH is looking forward to having a BFB (Best Furry Buddy) to hang with him.

Attachments

• Gustav.jpg
    Gustav.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 339

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What a cute little fuzzy buddy. :love

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is the shed that DH says is mine. This one is huge, about 36x80.
It is located just north of the garage and west of the Barn. The 3 buildings are pretty close together and makes for tight quarters. the second picture is the back of the barn, and you can see the two story garage behind it.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 301