wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What kind of chicks are they?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They are dual purpose hybrids from Sunnyside Hatchery here in Wisconsin. 3 Special Black pullets, 3 Brown pullets and 9 Sagitta straight run. Oh yeah, plus one little mystery chipmunk colored packing peanut. The only one without any tail feathers starting yet...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I started working part-time as morning stock and the to-do list is suffering. DH has been working hard to get the chicken coop set-up for the little guys.
He was feeding them the other day and I walked in to see all the chicks out of the mini-coop and milling around his feet. He had one on his arm as he was putting the feed dish back in. I told him - no chickens on your shoulders! Watch out that they can't peck at your eyes. He really likes the little buggers.
At 4 weeks they were mostly feathered and off any supplemental heat. Pictures soon.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When I fed my chickens yesterday, I had one land on my back. I had a little bit of trouble getting it off!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new coop is done.
Before it was just a concrete room that connects the barn to the silo. Now it is a chicken coop.
BEFORE
IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is a photo with all 16 chicks.
IMG_0127.JPG

I think that is the mystery chick (rooster) in the front with one of the brown pullets. the browns have white feathers and the blacks have pretty gold feathers on their chests. Growing fast and really friendly. Very happy with them so far...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Garden is out of control. The weeds have completely taken over. I weeded out 1/2 row of peas and 2 days later, they are completely stripped of all leaves, flowers and are just stalks sticking up out of the ground. GRRR!
We have to finish that garden fence!

With my job, my feet hurt so bad when I get home that I can barely walk. I have to figure that out soon! I have tried various shoes, insoles, ice pack and such but nothing seems to help. They feel better by Sunday night, and then I work on Monday and get all sore again and I can barely walk.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband had that trouble with his feet; it finally turned out the shoes were not a good fit. He has neuropathy and so he can't really tell if the shoe fits.
We found that nettle tea helped a little with the foot pain by the way.

Latest posts