Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-05-14-58-11.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-05-14-58-11.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 347

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
yes, good point to mention flu since it's a particularly bad year and so much more common. My BIL died from H1N1 flu a year ago (next week). So far my kids have had fewer school related sickness than expected this year. Hoping the trend continues. :fl My kids and I got flu vaccine. DH has been "too busy", which is almost funny because he's the most pro-vaccine person I know! He didn't get it last year either.

Pity the coronavirus fear distracts from the more relevant flu concern

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last time I got the flu shot, I had respiratory flu twice that winter. have not had the flu shot since then, and have been healthy since then! If I get a respiratory illness, it usually kicks me hard in the lungs, and I end up on antibiotics to treat secondary bronchitis. In no way, am I recommending that folks NOT get the flu shot.

But, it seems to be VERY hit or miss re: whether they actually pick the right strains to put into the current season's "flu virus soup." When I worked at a SNF, they required all staff to get flu shot or wear a mask Nov - April. And, they required all patients to get the flu shot, though they COULD sign a refusal waiver. In spite of that, the whole building would go into lock down for about a total of 2 months due to flu outbreaks that spread like wild fire through the resident population.

Therefore, it's been my observation that the flu shot is a flimsy insurance policy.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Chinese government has the clout to change numbers, anyone telling the truth can go to prison or just disappear. Frightening. They are worse liars than our government.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's in WI now. :'( Too close to home. news article link
And, they refuse to say where he is located so we don't know where he actually is!!!
He is not in the hospital being taken care of, so he is home contaminating everyone and everything around him. They are really taking this seriously, aren't they...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
And, they refuse to say where he is located so we don't know where he actually is!!!
He is not in the hospital being taken care of, so he is home contaminating everyone and everything around him. They are really taking this seriously, aren't they...
They've released info that the person
1) had returned from Beijing
2) is not UW student
3) has not been on UW campus

so that's a start. The person is self-quarantined at home. Hopefully they stay put

Latest posts