Yard sale score!!!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:D

The best price I've found for new canning supplies is Wal-Marts in UT in the summer. Many people in UT do home canning. In fact, when I was there last summer with my mom, we snagged the last 25 lb bag of sugar and nearly the last jar of lemon juice. Jam making time!

I'm pretty sure I got a dozen wide-mouth pints for $4.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just got 5 dozen new quart jars for $2.75 a dozen from the Grand Union in town. They were bought out by a Hannafords and they have until February 18 to radically reduce their inventory so the store can be completely remodeled and expanded.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wonderful! It just shows that it never hurts to ask.

We've been blessed with many free jars over the years. We've even purchased some (dozens) at auctions for very little money. On the local Craig's list, they list them for almost what you would pay for new.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I'm beginning to wonder if they are trying to price us right out of home canning & garden seeds in order to force us into store bought chemically treated crap that will make us all sick so we are then forced to seek medical attention that makes drug companies megarich. Or am I ranting on again? :rant
Where's Jesse Ventura when you need him? :lol: