Yarrow

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I recently discovered the wonderful uses of Yarrow , while fencing one day I cut my hand and while the blood was coming out I walked over to a yarrow plant pulled the leaves off rolled them up rubbing it on the wound and instantly the bleeding stopped , I now carry powdered yarrow with me at all times.
What is your yarrow story ?
I make many products now with yarrow and they all work amazing.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I searched yarrow and came up with this for identification. I personally like these old drawings over pictures myself. I believe I have this plant growing wild about the place and here I thought it was a useless weed.

common-yarrow-drawing.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The best part about yarrow it's FREE it grows wild most all over the USA .
You can make tinctures , salves , oils , tea , wound packing kits etc .

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Add honey to it and some fresh squeezed lemon juice

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you share more about yarrow powder? What parts of the plant do you use? How do you use the powder?

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I strip the leaves from the plant after they have dried , I then add the leaves to a spice grinder to grind into a powder.
The power is a great assistance to minor cuts that are bleeding as it stops the bleeding.
I also add it to aloe vera gel to make yarrowvera which works on minor burns scrapes insect bites etc ( these have all worked for me )
You can also use the flowers for tea and tinctures , Many endless uses of this wonderful little plant .

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you @Okiepan ! I feel challenged by herbal remedies, but yarrow powder seems feasible. I know there is wild yarrow my property.

Could you start a thread on mullein? I saw some gorgeous mullein rosettes this year but I didnt know what to do with it.