yer a real country gal when...

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you are a real country girl when you see a coon out the backdoor and the first thing you think is "i oughta keep a pitchfork by the door" and you think about what a nice warm hat that fat one would make.

so i was sick and last night i woke up at like 3 AM and had to go to the bathroom. here the bathroom is right by the back door. so i'm walking out of the bathroom and i see something on the porch (the door is glass). and there are two big fat coons eating cat food. and the first thing i think is "i oughta keep a pitchfork by the door" and i think about how nice a hat that fuzzier one would make.

:gig :lol: :D

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
A real country girl would have a .22 standing by the back door and she'd already HAVE that fancy cap. ;)

Natalie's Nesters

Power Conserver
Reaction score
When you check for chicken poop before going out. I have my "farm" clothes and my going to town clothes. My big trip to town is the grocery and the feed store!

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Natalie's Nesters said:
When you check for chicken poop before going out. I have my "farm" clothes and my going to town clothes. My big trip to town is the grocery and the feed store!
:gig Country boys do the same. It isn't just in the coop you know. My girls leave me little (sometimes not so little) presents everywhere they go. I have to check 'em when I put them on and check 'em agin when I get to the truck. :barnie

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Or when you see a red fox chasing a guinea hen, so you chase it off and wait patiently for it to come back

And when it does, your hubby's inside messing with a coyote call so you grab the shotgun and kill the little bugger cause he's taking too long to get outside. Speaking of....that little ____'s still in the freezer. gotta get him out...

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha ha! thats great!
i have a coon hat, got my dad one too.
but i wanna make one.
thats awesome...!

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
when you have five rooster and can tell them apart by their crows. And you keep the littlest chicks in you bedroom cuz it's the warmest room in the house. And you get to town, only to realize you're still wearing your 'muck boots' because you forgot to change them! :idunno:bun

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
How about you get to town and you can't go into the store because you forgot your shoes altogether??? I do that on a regular basis in the summer! :lol: