yer a real country gal when...

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
When you walk through the field on a leisurely stroll, but casually investigate every pile of horse poop or cow poop, just to be on the lookout... poop characteristics can signal infections and diseases of all sorts before other symptoms begin to show.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kimlove2 said:
when you have five rooster and can tell them apart by their crows. And you keep the littlest chicks in you bedroom cuz it's the warmest room in the house. And you get to town, only to realize you're still wearing your 'muck boots' because you forgot to change them! :idunno:bun
Same here, except my peeps are in the pantry.
My 'dress shoes' are sneakers without any poo & feathers stuck to the bottom. I wear them to other people's houses.

I was in the tractor supply in line w/ my muck boots and the guy next to me (also in muck boots) looks down and says "What kind of poultry you got?"

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was in line at TSC once, and the man behind me asked 'You got any Dominique pullets for sale?' I wondered how he knew I had chickens, let alone what kind, then I saw I was still wearing my muck boots and had some feathers stuck to 'em!:lol::lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
meriruka said:
My 'dress shoes' are sneakers without any poo & feathers stuck to the bottom. I wear them to other people's houses.
:lol: Me too.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
meriruka said:
:lol: Me too.
Right now I don't even have that. Muck boots and that is it. :lol: Today's outfit, pink shirt, black velvet skirt, black fleece, and muck boots. DH was laughing at all the looks I was getting in the grocery store. Me, I am use to it. :D

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha! :lol:

speaking of shoes i only have my boots left... and they are starting to look tattered... and fall apart... and let in mud... and goat berries... :/ i dont want a new pair though... i just broke em in :(

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tie plastic bags around 'em to keep out the water. :D

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is toooo funny! :lol:

I wear one pair of sneakers all the time unless it just has to be boots. My husband says that if there is one mud hole on the property, I'll still manage to walk in it. Picking chicken poo off the sneakers is just a way of life anymore.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a real country gal doesn't put out cat food for varmints to have at free will...........yup I learned that also! :lol:

feed the cats on the back porch, yup and the possums and coons came and I changed the feeding. :p

cause one night without my glasses I thought the possum was my grey cat and damn near pet it til it hissed at me and scared the living crap out of me LOL--and as he wandered off the top back deck, he gave me the evil eye!