Yoga

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So I was going to be kind to my body and mind with yoga. Right. ... ... ... I got puking sick from it. :sick I didn't even DO anything. :somad NOT "fun" and "relaxing."

I want to punch someone. :rant I don't care who. Just someone.

(Not really)

I guess the puking helps with the weigh loss plan?

:rant

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's weird. I've never gotten sick from yoga and I'm pretty sensitive with motion sickness. You sure it's not a coincidence?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
When I was doing yoga, it never really felt like a workout. But, I had the best strength, balance and painlessness of my entire life! Don't give it up yet ;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm sure it was the yoga, I was totally fine before, during. Until I got to that pose I was INSTANTLY headache, nauseated. I didn't even get into the pose.

Top it off, puking got something stuck in a esaphageal diverticulum. Yuck. I can't get it out and it's driving me crazy.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My dd and I have been doing yoga, and I love it except for one part. My knees get so sore from the brief amount of time I am on them. The first time I though my kneecap was gonna pop off afterward. My knees are slowly getting better.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I'm sure it was the yoga, I was totally fine before, during. Until I got to that pose I was INSTANTLY headache, nauseated. I didn't even get into the pose.

Top it off, puking got something stuck in a esaphageal diverticulum. Yuck. I can't get it out and it's driving me crazy.
You likely held the pose wrong. What pose were you doing?

Do you have an instructor, or by video?

I won't do yoga without a small class and good teacher because my back is still messed up and I need someone to check my posture and spot me on seemingly really simple poses like warrior.

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Yes... Been there....Done that! I loved the physical sense of well being and relaxation from yoga but had to quit because of benign positional vertigo. Some yoga positions caused the bpv to kick in with a vengence!! BPV is caused by microscopic crystals that dislodge and float in the semi circular canals in the inner ear. When those babies get loose and irritate the cillia the room starts to spin and the nausea is overbearing. I had to give up yoga. Sometimes I can turn my head a certain way or roll over in bed and set the whole thing in motion. It can be a real "pain" at times.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I started doing yoga when I was 14. My grandmother got me into it. I don't do it regularly anymore, but it has kind of become a part of everything I do.

I would try to stick with it. Just don't do whatever makes you nauseous.
There are several poses I couldn't do for many years, some I still cannot do. So I just don't worry about those. The overall benefit of yoga is so worth it.

I also prefer to do yoga with an instructor. It really halps to have someone guide you into the proper position. It makes a big difference, when you do it right.