Yoga

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think the yoga was just the "straw that broke the camel's back." I've been off and on nauseated ever since. It's worse if my stomach is empty, so eating a few bites of yogurt mostly here and there.

My fiance said he was feeling queasy last night too.

I'll try yoga again when I'm over this stuff.

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I hope you start feeling better soon!

I will only do yoga on an empty stomach but also well hydrated. I stay pretty well hydrated during the day, so before bed I will drink a large amount of water, then, when I wake up, I will go to the bathroom, then drink another large glass. After one hour, I will go to the bathroom again, then do yoga. After yoga, I drink water (this time I add my trace minerals and iodine-I only do this once per day), go to the bathroom. Then I eat breakfast. Usually Eggs with toast and lots of butter! YUM!

Yoga can be very detoxifying, so being hydrated is very important so the liver can filter out the toxins..

And-Miss the North---you could try getting a blanket and folding it so that it is wide enough to fit between the bottom of your knee and your ankle. It takes pressure off of your knees...place the folded blanket on the mat so that your shins are resting on it. Your knees should barely touch the mat.

Warning:

Really awful diagram below:
\ \
______________\ \
( Ankle Knee )
/ ___________________ )
/ / ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Blanket under shins
Mat *********************************************Here

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I took a "hot" yoga class all last spring and summer - 1 hour of yoga in a room with the heat on! Very intense workout, I had to take it real slow the first 4 or 5 classes, I almost passed out once. Once I got into the swing of it, it was great. Dreaded going LOL, but always felt great after. Using an extra towel or two for padding does help.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ack!! Our three kids all do Yoga, and have tried for a loooong time to get me to do it. They even gave me videos, a couple books and a mat (that's still in the wrapper).

I look at it once in a while and inwardly cringe. One of these days I'll try it...I think....
We're still living in a construction zone so I have an excuse for the moment.

But the kids all swear by it. A friend of mine has done it for years, says the same things the kids do.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I do yoga in self-defense. If I don't, my back hates me. So yeah. It can actually be a pretty good workout or a great stretch, depending on how you do it.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I practice yoga I feel so much better. I really feel connected and can tune into what my body is doing and feeling better. Don`t give up. There are a lot of different poses, find some that work best for you.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
JRmom said:
I took a "hot" yoga class all last spring and summer - 1 hour of yoga in a room with the heat on! Very intense workout, I had to take it real slow the first 4 or 5 classes, I almost passed out once. Once I got into the swing of it, it was great. Dreaded going LOL, but always felt great after. Using an extra towel or two for padding does help.
What was the purpose of having the room warm?

I've been doing yoga on my WII Fit. The virtual instructor is quick to point out when I'm doing something wrong. If he says "you're a little shaky" or "your left side is a bit weak" one more time, I may have to throw the remote through the screen. But I must admit, I feel really good after - refreshed, and seem to walk taller.

KFaye

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I never thought about the wII. I will have to check into that.

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
JRmom said:
What was the purpose of having the room warm?

I've been doing yoga on my WII Fit. The virtual instructor is quick to point out when I'm doing something wrong. If he says "you're a little shaky" or "your left side is a bit weak" one more time, I may have to throw the remote through the screen. But I must admit, I feel really good after - refreshed, and seem to walk taller.
It's called bikram yoga, and it's supposed to help loosen you up and get all the internal detox juices flowing. And by hot, we're talking 95-100 degrees! Some people dissagree with bikram, saying that it's easier for novices to overextend and hurt themselves. I only did it once and realized it wasn't for me. But like everyone else has said, it's all about the instuctor.