Yoga

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mamaluv321 said:
VickiLynn said:
JRmom said:
I took a "hot" yoga class all last spring and summer - 1 hour of yoga in a room with the heat on! Very intense workout, I had to take it real slow the first 4 or 5 classes, I almost passed out once. Once I got into the swing of it, it was great. Dreaded going LOL, but always felt great after. Using an extra towel or two for padding does help.
What was the purpose of having the room warm?

I've been doing yoga on my WII Fit. The virtual instructor is quick to point out when I'm doing something wrong. If he says "you're a little shaky" or "your left side is a bit weak" one more time, I may have to throw the remote through the screen. But I must admit, I feel really good after - refreshed, and seem to walk taller.
It's called bikram yoga, and it's supposed to help loosen you up and get all the internal detox juices flowing. And by hot, we're talking 95-100 degrees! Some people dissagree with bikram, saying that it's easier for novices to overextend and hurt themselves. I only did it once and realized it wasn't for me. But like everyone else has said, it's all about the instuctor.
Exactly. The instructor always started out slowly to warm up, but built up to a very good cardio workout - believe me, my heart rate was pumping! If I ever decide to take organized classes again, I'll definitely do the hot yoga. It was wonderful to walk outside afterwards into 95 degree heat and feel like the a/c was on! :D