You cannot ask for more in a property....

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It would be important to have an inspection done by someone with construction experience before investing in such a property. Many building rehabs cost more than it would cost to knock it down and build from scratch. Important to walk into such a project with eyes wide open, and know what the up front costs are, as well as the repair bills. Then, bid below that to cover the inevitable "oops" and "we didn't see that issue" factors.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Grab it @sumi ! Even if you decide to not move there, you can fix it up and resell. Do they have any shows on tv over there about flipping properties like they do in the U. S.? You could be on one!
They have, yes. I watch it often and I'm getting some good ideas from them :) There are loads of properties for sale here that has big potential profits after some renovating. It's my future plan, to do something like that.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It would be important to have an inspection done by someone with construction experience before investing in such a property. Many building rehabs cost more than it would cost to knock it down and build from scratch. Important to walk into such a project with eyes wide open, and know what the up front costs are, as well as the repair bills. Then, bid below that to cover the inevitable "oops" and "we didn't see that issue" factors.
Thankfully I have a friend here that is very experienced in properties and renovating them, as well as building houses from scratch (it's his business). I met him when I first came over and looked at some properties he had up for rent and we stayed in touch. He'd look at a place and give you an estimate on the spot of what it would cost more or less to fix it up. And he said he'd like to see what I'm looking at so he can give his opinion and advice before I buy. I'm definitely going to take him up on that offer!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Islands just don't do it for me. I look at them and think storm surge. Beautiful, nice to visit or vacation, but give me higher ground. I love the pictures you post, Ireland is a beautiful place.