Youngest Daughter Getting Married

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love an October wedding and I love it that your daughter is so very sensible. Sounds like it will be much more fun than the usual wedding...and sounds yummier!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Congrats on your DD's upcoming wedding! It sounds like it's going to be a great event :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your daughter is making a wise decision. IMO, weddings are about family. NOT about putting on a show that will break the bank. I think I heard recently that the average wedding costs 28K. That would go a very long way towards buying a house. Or setting up a retirement fund. The best, and most fun weddings I've attended have done on a short buck:

Niece married at a little country church followed by reception at her house with catered BBQ, and live band.

Friends married at a park, followed by pot luck dinner.

Dtr of close friend bought her gown at good will, and had her reception in church fellowship hall, with catering done by some of the church ladies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My MIL made our cake. When my dtr. got married, her maid of honor did the bridal and bridal party bouquets. Mostly silk. They rivaled any arrangements done at a florist shop.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After talking with my daughter we settled in on 10 gallons of cider. So today I bought a pear and a apple cider kit. My son in law and I put them together, both have already started fermenting that's a good sign :)

My plan is to bring the cider's to the wedding reception and serve them out of 5 gallon corny kegs. Probably in plastic trash cans packed with ice.

Pear and apple cider should go great together with a pig picking.
IMG_20190803_215158766.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Send her back this one;

WOMEN ARE LIKE FINE WINE AND CHEESE. FINE WINE TURNS TO VINEGAR AND CHEESE TURNS MOLDY.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:celebrateFUN!!

My son had a pig pickin' for his reception...lovely event. Casual enough that all enjoyed it. Oh, the ceremony was there also.

Latest posts