Your lavender for my...?

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm looking for lavender seeds. I forgot about my sprouts on the fridge and had to get rid of them. I'd love to be able to trade for some more. I have ornamental peppers mainly. Four different types. I have other seeds as well, but if you have lavender and would like to see a full list, please let me know!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I've never tried to grow lavender from seed. I could see if my dried lavender bunches have any seeds in them. I'll try and remember todo that tomorrow. Right now I am pooped. Been outside all day with my goats, weeding all over the place.

LetsBeSelfSufficient

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've read that it's pretty difficult starting lavender from seed. It might be easier for you to look for cuttings?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey Betta!!

I've got a bunch of lavender seeds I'd be willing to trade!!

What kinds of peppers and other seeds do you have?

Need any other herb seeds?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
LetsBeSelfSufficient said:
I've read that it's pretty difficult starting lavender from seed. It might be easier for you to look for cuttings?
actually.. i've done it for a couple years now.. the only problem is that the plants dont get very big the first year..and our winters here are really tough on them. so i started the seeds in a big pot, overwintered it in a safe place...and most of them made it. this year i'll plant in the ground and see how they do.

i didnt find it tooooooo difficult.. the tricky thing was that i started later in the season to make sure it was superduper warm enough. misted the seeds everyday and they sprung up.

:)