Your Stuff--baby rant about my stuff!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I vacummed the dining room and living room---BUT that ain't nothing we all don't do....BUT the stuff I had to move was insane. Toys, my planter, furniture against the wall, all furniture more for show and to hide STUFF in the cabinets and drawers....LOL

honestly it made me sick. The amt. of stuff is crazy. I am done with it. Then I really looked around the house. MY GOODNESS! You know how you have that reality moment. STUFF just everywhere. All organized and put up, but none the less,,,,stuff.

no more buying for me. I am sick of it. and I will go thru drawers and unload stuff. I have been decluttering for over a year and truly thought I had my "stuff" under control...but again, it is all around. I can't stand it anymore.

I am going minimal. Yep the less crap the better..LOL

I don't know...just ranting a bit cause an easy job like vacumming the LR, DR and kitchen should have gone super fast, but instead it too so much time to pick up the stuff and move the stuff...LOL

oh well...house is clean and that makes me feel good......but it is truly time to reconsider my stuff. I walked into the garage where we have our 4 refrigs. for farming for sausage and the stuff was piled in there too....UGH.....

just ranting cause I can. Time to get rid of stuff and make maintenance truly easier in my life. Maintenance of stuff is so time consuming.

Then I looked out the kitchen window and saw the goats and my cat lying in the field near the fence. What in the heck do they do all day? Eat, interact, drink, sleep. I mean, you know, they don't take care of stuff. No worry in life about stuff. What I do with stuff is insane. Stuff is making me miserable. I will work toward less stuff in life. I want simple, by gosh, I will make it simple!!!!!

all that junk I swore I couldn't live without, and haven't touched it for over 3 years in the closets and such---guess what Karen, you can live without that stuff cause you have been..HA HA...but I hate to unload things I swear I might need and don't want to buy again...but then I realize I am in the vicious cycle of stuff again!!!!!

well that is enough for now..LOL---just wanted to unload some stuff about stuff on you..HA HA HA

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank goodness Karen I thought I was the only one. I have been filling bags in the last month. I tried to sell some at the yard sale but mostly got rained out. Now here they sit probably 10, 33 gal trash bags. I am so agonizing over them. I keep thinking, what if I need it? What if someone I know could use it? Maybe I can make diner napkins out of that duvet cover? (only a SS person would get that), I have such angst separating from the STUFF.
Other than the house chores today maybe that should be my goal. I could fill my van and take it away. Wouldn't that be a cleansing move? I am afraid if I get to close to the bags they will suck me in. I might want to sort them again just to be sure. That would take all my time. Uggggg.... The dilemma!!!:he

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Let's see- I have horse stuff- three saddles, and lots of blankets, bits,ointments, misc,. Then I have goat stuff- anti-biotics, anti-bloat, hoof trimmers, collars, syringes, etc. Then I have garden stuff- trimmers, trowels, weeders, rakes, shovels, hoses, watering stuff, etc. Then I have what-ifs, you know what if a pipe breaks or the hot wire goes out, or I need a screw, etc. Then I have the maintenence kit for the generator, electric tractor (which is not working at the moment,) the pellet stove, the water system filters and lights, etc.

And that's just in the garage..........

But one of my goats would be dead if I had waited for the vet to get back to me when she had goat polio from the anti-biotic that the vet said to give her - lucky I had that bottle of B1. When a water pipe broke to the water tank, I had the pieces to patch that. I just built a goatie bedding sifter from pcv pipe, a few screws, hardware cloth and bailing twine that's cut my cleaning time in half for the goats, when my pellet stove wouldn't stop running, I had the snap switch to fix it..........

But why oh why do I have 10 ceramic teapots when I don't even drink tea?????????????????????

Maybe there should be a thought out catagory of useful stuff and soul-damaging stuff.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We get rid of a little of our stuff every once in a while. There's still way too much. It drives me insane. I Freecycle some. We sell some on Ebay. DH takes some to the "swap shop" at the transfer station every Saturday. We had a huge tag sale. I swear as soon as we empty a spot more stuff fills the void instantly. Not to mention that my in-laws wrap some of their stuff and give it to us for Christmas. Gah!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe we need a check list of criteria.....

Will I use it again?
Can I turn it into something else useful? (this one needs a time litmit)
Is it just decorative?

Might help cull the stuff we really don't need.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DO IT Tanks.
If you don't load them up today, load them up in the morning and send them on their way. They are damaging to you! Make the break....sometimes we have to just handle stuff and get rid of it to start new! (and I don't mean getting new stuff..LOL)

I have to make the break! Yup, away it goes. Some to goodwill, some for reuse purpose, most to the landfill. Honestly I am done! I want simple, so I have to do it myself and allow it to myself.

we can do this!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you got it ETR
good stuff we need and then SOUL DAMAGING stuff. You are so right! :)

in the garage is my saddles, blankets, brushes, old cans of saddle soap, hoof dressing, bandages, etc. etc....all for my horse who is passed. I can't throw that stuff, getting a new horse sometime and I am not buying that stuff again.

So here we go...stuff just hanging around..LOL----my first horse Willy, I have his old bridle.....stiff as a rock but I can't part with it. Maybe it is time. I got pics, I knew him, enjoyed him, but holding onto stuff isn't him....so time to do some clean up and move forward.

But you are right. keep some of the good, unload the miserable!

10 teapots....are you English and have afternoon tea????LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I missed the teapot thing. :lol: Somehow my family got the idea that I collected teapots. All because I rescued one I liked from my parents' basement years ago. For years I was given teapots as gifts. I had 20 or so. I rotated them, displaying them on a kitchen shelf. I finally said no more! And I sold/gave most of them away. I don't drink tea either!