Your thoughts on coffee...

chandasue

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have finally kicked the coffee habit by switching to chicory coffee. Caffeine and me just don't jive well. Only 1 cup of regular coffee on an empty stomach would make me feel nauseous and lightheaded like I would puke and pass-out at the same time. I could only have it after I'd eaten. But I like the chicory so it was a good substitute for me.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:old This middle-aged guy loves coffee.... :caf :caf :caf

I'll drink a pot of it over the course of the morning, I switch to ice water in the afternoon. BP is fine, so now worries there.

I drink it straight, without anything added. If someone at work offers to buy me a coffee, they are astounded that I don't want a frappa-dappa sugar slushey flavored with a little java. They ask: How can drink it like that? :p

Nothing like waking up to the smell of coffee starting to brew in the morning...

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1 cup a day here, an occasional 1/2 cup in the afternoon, but usually it's tea. I :love coffee!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I love the smell of coffee but not a big fan of the taste...so my coffee is mostly real heavy whipping cream :D

Speedysbigred

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Somewhere in the North Atlantic, 1954, aboard the submarine USS Chivo SS-341, patrolling for Russian submarines trying to sneak down the coast, cans of coffee stored outboard the engines, behind the torpedoes, beneath bunks, in the showers, and anywhere else room was found - rule No. 1, never run out of coffee. Unfortunately, that didn't apply to other supplies, especially when a patrol was extended. I used to drink coffee with cream and sugar. First we ran out of cream, then sugar. I've been drinking coffee black ever since. Not as much as I used to, but seldom a day goes by that doesn't start with a cup.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Speedysbigred said:
Somewhere in the North Atlantic, 1954, aboard the submarine USS Chivo SS-341, patrolling for Russian submarines trying to sneak down the coast, cans of coffee stored outboard the engines, behind the torpedoes, beneath bunks, in the showers, and anywhere else room was found - rule No. 1, never run out of coffee. Unfortunately, that didn't apply to other supplies, especially when a patrol was extended. I used to drink coffee with cream and sugar. First we ran out of cream, then sugar. I've been drinking coffee black ever since. Not as much as I used to, but seldom a day goes by that doesn't start with a cup.
Welcome :welcome , Speedybigred and thanks for your service!!!

cool story!