Your Weather

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ugh
end of april
that is so long off
I don't want to irk ya, but I love the south..LOL--we have such a short season of winter.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Our actual growing season here is only June 3rd (end of frost) to the end of August. Very short...that is why I so wanted a green house this year...I could have started in April and kept growing until October

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well you sure aren't going to be stopped by a bit of snow....I forsee a wonderful greenhouse in your future!
I know you will get a sturdy one!

what do you heat with in your greenhouse?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was going to just heat with a ceramic heater run on yet another extension cord for the house:>) We are the extension cord people I tel you:>) My coop is run off a 100ft joined to another 100 ft with a power bar at the other end...the outlet it is plugged into is ground fault though so it should be somewhat safe:>)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's raining....

+8 out but it's raining, and the snow has turned to sheets of ice, and all my buses for my school are cancelled. Thank heavens though, as I've still got to finish my ISU and CCA. Oh the woe of a high school senior LOL.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Monday - thursday Temperature has been holding at 5 deg. Snowed about 4-6 inches in the last couple days.
Saturday night the power went out for 4 hrs.
Sunday started raining, roof of chicken pen partially collapsed with all the wet wet snow and water pushing on it. Got it shoveled off. Rained all day Sunday, and sunday night
Rain and snow Monday morning, should have stayed home, should have said the roads were too bad to come to work. Oh well, days half gone now might as well stay here at work.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It was 50F this morning but, DH said it is supposed to drop down to 20's by this evening. It is not as windy now as it was this morning but, it is raining and just pelting the windows.

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It was mid 40's this morning and raining with bad winds. But by this afternoon ... snow! Springtime ... please hurry!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
A bit of snow every day- yesterday some rain then it froze over the snow so lots of crunch this morning. The pear trees and some roses still have leaves hanging on but they are frozen- I gave some of those branches to the goats for browz-sickles. They didn't mind.
Heard that 2 more storms from Alaska are coming through- one right after another. I am sooooo glad I bought some new winter boots.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
It was 50F this morning but, DH said it is supposed to drop down to 20's by this evening. It is not as windy now as it was this morning but, it is raining and just pelting the windows.
Same stuff here! 24 with the wind chill

Did I mention that AFTER dh & I bought this place we found that Dorset, OH is the coldest spot in Ohio? According to the state statistics, the average mean temp of Dorset is 46.

Did I mention I moved here from Tomball, Texas? The temps there now are in the upper 50 and low 60s.. :gig

Latest posts