Your Weather

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So what is it like where you live now?
Winter is setting in on most of us.....are you into snow yet, howling winds, weather holding nice?

Right now in NC we are getting cold.....today is howling winds, rain for 2 days straight, no sun (ugh), damp, nasty, icky....no hanging out laundry..(ugh)

temps are hi 50s and into the 20s at night right now. not the weather I like in the South..LOL

and to think not 1 week ago we were in the hi 60s, sunny, warm, nice.....come back! :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
So what is it like where you live now?
Winter is setting in on most of us.....are you into snow yet, howling winds, weather holding nice?

Right now in NC we are getting cold.....today is howling winds, rain for 2 days straight, no sun (ugh), damp, nasty, icky....no hanging out laundry..(ugh)

temps are hi 50s and into the 20s at night right now. not the weather I like in the South..LOL
The temps rose from yesterday's rainy high 30's to the 50's - around here, we're happy with those temps!

and to think not 1 week ago we were in the hi 60s, sunny, warm, nice.....come back! :)
Funny thing about our weather is we may get 60's again in both December and January - but then the hammer will come down hard and we'll be near zero - and could be lower!
freezing.gif

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--wow those little smiley guys are cool that you added into the group.
you have a BRR smiley now with a scarf--LOL

yea reinbeau...I hate when it bounces back and is nice and teases you and BOOM...comes the wind chill into the minus degrees. UGH

winter, gotta love her...NOT!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well so far I am loving this winter...it is still mild here for the most part...well mild in Canadian terms which means that we are not needing parkas yet, but it is below zero. We have been getting alot of snow the last week, we've got about 2 feet on the ground now and more coming this week. School buses are cancelled today...we got dumped on last night, so pretty outside!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I live in a very warm and mild climate...winters we still average in the 60's with nighttime lows in the 50s. Of course when a storm rolls in we get into the 40-50s and occasionally get a frost. Our first frost date in in Jan and our last is March....but where I live that in only a couple of times per season.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I think mid to upper 30's today. It is dark and gray! With a light flurry of snow but it is not sticking. We have already had a ton of snow here that has came down melted and then got some more. The pictures on my blog are from different weeks.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Blech!!! :rant

Yesterday, rain then a wintry mix last night and snow showers off and on today. Very windy and blustery cold. I hate winter. :tongue

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
70's for us this week. We were rainy Weds & Thurs last week & warming back up into the 70's this week & then a another cool front coming thru this weekend. Almost time to turn on the furnace at night. (Sorry).

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Almost time to turn on the furnace at night. (Sorry).

GGGRrrrr....LOL....I have had it on for a few weeks. Wish I could get away longer but no.....

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I did say sorry, that way I hope it doesn't upset too many people.
Guess it hurts more to hear that my tomatoes are starting to turn a little orange now too. Plus my green beans are really loading up my plants now too.