Your Weather

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Brrr, we are freezing here in N. IN. The temp at 12 a.m. was 53 degrees, dropped 25 degrees by 6 a.m. and it's 15 now. It's suppose to dip to 3-5 tonight. I won't mention the wind chills.
All I know is I can't warm up after chores tonight. My hands freeze when hand milking. The water line froze so water had to be carried. Oh, the joys of winter! Really I do love winter......as long as I can stay inside by the fire when it's this cold.
Sorry, for the rant.

keljonma, I'm sure it took you awhile to get acclimated to the cold weather. Do you enjoy the 4 seasons? I would sure miss them as I look forward to each one and the changes that come with them.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Temps tonight are supposed to be down to 25 degrees and up to seven inches of white slop. Er...I mean snow....lol

I hate snow. Have I told ya'll that?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
prairiegirl said:
Brrr, we are freezing here in N. IN. The temp at 12 a.m. was 53 degrees, dropped 25 degrees by 6 a.m. and it's 15 now. It's suppose to dip to 3-5 tonight. I won't mention the wind chills.
All I know is I can't warm up after chores tonight. My hands freeze when hand milking. The water line froze so water had to be carried. Oh, the joys of winter! Really I do love winter......as long as I can stay inside by the fire when it's this cold.
Sorry, for the rant.

keljonma, I'm sure it took you awhile to get acclimated to the cold weather. Do you enjoy the 4 seasons? I would sure miss them as I look forward to each one and the changes that come with them.
We grew up in NE Ohio, so we really missed the seasonal changes when we were in Texas. (My job transferred me there.) So we were actually glad to move back. Tomball, TX is just nw of Houston. They have 2 seasons - brown and green. :D

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wanted to let ya'll know. It is ZERO outside not including the 35MPH gusts of wind. BRRRRR :(
I had to put vaseline on the roosters combs this evening.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
LOL!! Brown and green!! LOL!

ZERO!!! That is cold!!!! We have not even lit the fire today but when DH came home and opened the door it was definetly cold outside!!

newchickwi

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It's -9 at 6:30 PM and it is supposed to get to -19 to -25 plus wind chill down to -45. Ah, it's good to be alive!!! ;)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
We've been freezing for a couple of days now.
Today our high was -4. It was -20 when I woke up.

Our lowest point was -36 with windchill.

I'm SO ready for summer. Right now its -12 outside.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
We've been freezing for a couple of days now.
Today our high was -4. It was -20 when I woke up.

Our lowest point was -36 with windchill.

I'm SO ready for summer. Right now its -12 outside.
OMG. We are in a pretty cold spell here (16 tonight.) But compared to you, Wildsky, it's downright balmy!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW
I read your temps out there people and can't believe....the minus wind chill temps are unreal.

I feel for ya.

being from the north I know, but honestly I couldn't do your weather again being in the south now.

bless you all! hang in there! spring is coming...spring is coming.