yummm.... sunny side eggs!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
baymule said:
Our first year of keeping chickens, we just had two 18 month old hens. They molted and quit laying. I bought ONE dozen eggs from the store and 2 1/2 months later, I still had ONE egg left! :lol: Then i bought 6 chicks in the spring, and now 1 1/2 years later, they are molting, but I get 1-4 eggs a day. I give them the "I am going to squeeze eggs our your A$$ if you don't gimme some eggs NOW" talk. They look scared. :ep
Our grand daughter knows the taste difference between store bought and Mamaw's eggs, even without her parents telling her they are out of Mamaw's eggs! :lol:

STORE BOUGHT EGGS :sick :tongue
:yuckyuck :lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have been getting a lot of people from town asking me if i sell fresh eggs here lately. i think someone sold some at the farmers market this summer, and people got a peek at what "real eggs" look and taste like.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep, I love not being afraid of my food!

Home made mayo with my own eggs.........yum!

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
donrae said:
Yep, I love not being afraid of my food!

Home made mayo with my own eggs.........yum!
I hear ya there!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my daughter hates when we have to buy eggs, they break when she trys to flip them! eggs from our girls are tuff, she can flip them without breaking them. lol

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If I have to buy them, I buy them from the farm around the corner. They always have eggs and they're from free ranged birds. I'd just rather gather my own than pay someone else for them.