Zenbirder - living alongside nature

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Well here goes, I am a bit sensitive but I'll take a chance and let y'all know a bit more about me. Everyone I know thinks of me as wierd, but in a good way.

01. Name? Susan
02. Gender? I grew two kids inside of me.
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Neither, crowds scare me.
04. What is your favorite color? All, I'm an artist.
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? The kind that is in the trash and not on my shoe.
06. How much do you weigh? Sometimes more, then less, then more, then less....
07. How tall are you? Just tall enough for my feet to reach the ground.
08. Can you swim? Like a fish.
09. Do you like to swim? Like a fish.
10. Living arrangement? People, dog and cats in the big house, chickens in the little house.
11. What's on your mouse pad? The dog's mug shot.
12. Favorite board game? Scrabble.
13. Favorite magazine? Bead $ Button, Beadwork
14. Favorite Actor? Yul Brenner
15. Favorite Actress? Shelly Winters
16. Do you have an accent? Every time I used to travel.
17. Favorite smells? Sandalwood, narcissus, lavender
18. Least favorite smells? Skunk, decomposing animals
19. Favorite sound? Dance music.
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Natural water, I'm allergic to chlorine.
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? Buffy the who?
22. Pencil or pen? Pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls? I don't really care if a person is an innie or an outtie.
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? No, been there done that and now much smarter.
25. Do you sing in the shower? Many talents, but singing is not one of them.
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? I'd have to ask my DD the preschool teacher.
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Checking the fire in the wood stove (in winter).
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? Is there any way to get it never to ring?
29. How do you want to die? Suddenly, a very long time from now.
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? No
31. Gold or silver? Silver, even my wedding ring is silver.
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? No, but I used to do a lot of caving.
33. Do you like dressing up? No.
34. Would you rather be short or tall? Tall.
35. Do you enjoy reading? Woo Hoo!
36. What book are you reading now? The Art of Making Dances
37. Favorite books? Too many to list, but most were not written receintly.
38. What was the last movie you saw? In theater, I really can't remember it was so very many years ago. Crouds scare me.
39. Favorite movies? Non-violent and non-stupid, so the list is not long.
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I think my pillow has several pounds of cat hair in it?
41. What is your sign? Leo
42. What are your personality traits? Creative, self assured, sensitive, hard working
43. What's your biggest fear? DH's death
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? No
45. Future child's name? I guess I will probably suggest some names for grandkids if they ask my opinion.
46. Favorite foods? Cheese, see question 6.
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Yes.
48. Do you like to drive fast? No, I've never had a ticket.
49. Storms - cool or scary? Cool right untill they are VERY SCARY
50. Do you like to dance? My passion, at least 8 hours a week.
51. Do you do drugs? No.
52. Do you smoke? No.
53. What do you think of people who smoke? Pitty, it's a nasty hard addiction that can cost you an early death.
54. Do you drink? At least 8 glasses of well water a day.
55. Favorite drink? Tea, Earl Gray, Hot.
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? No problem.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? I have to fight the chickens for them, but sometimes I win.
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Artist, just a bit more on the profitable side.
59. What's your "type"? Highly skilled, hardworking & frugal.
60. Do you bite your nails? No.
61. Any siblings? Yes.
62. What movies have you cried in? I know I have, but I can't remember.
63. Do you believe in God? No.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? You bet.
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Well I have been known to not correct the Mega-mart casheer if she makes an error in my favor.
66. Do you procrastinate? If I could find my journal under the pile of papers on my desk I could answer this one.
67. Do you believe in fate? More like Karma, what goes around comes around.
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? See answer #26
69. Do you organize your CD's? If I didn't I couldn't find what I was looking for to dance to!
70. What is your favorite kind of music? YES, even though all of it isn't very danceable.
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Depends on the mood I am in, or the mood I want to create.
72. What was the last CD you got? George Strait
73. MTV or VH1? No.
74. Who do you admire the most? DH
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? No.
76. Are you single? Thank goodness no.
77. Favorite TV show? So you think you can dance. I tolerate dancing with the stars, but I'm not into "stars".
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Baldies
79. Glasses or contacts? Glasses
80. What color are your eyes? Green
81. What is your natural hair color? Brown
82. But what color is it now? Brown with numerous grey highlights.
83. Have you ever been in love? Yup.
84. Any pets? One old hound, two cats and 18 sit-in-my-lap hens
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Excellent, after spell checks came along.
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Mine is half full, DH is half empty. Makes for good conversations.
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Unfortunately no.
88. What's under your bed? Stuff that I can't get rid of and don't need access to, I am a packrat.
89. What is your favorite number? ??
90. Favorite sport to watch? Chickens chasing grasshoppers :lol:

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Mine is half full, DH is half empty. Makes for good conversations.
Thanks for this, Zenbirder... good to know a bit about you. That sounds like me and my wife a bit. I'm a half-full kind of guy, and she's sometimes a half-empty type. Gives us a lot of material. Of course, she's the sort of half-empty type who fights as hard as she can to fill the glass the rest of the way... that fighting spirit is part of why I love her.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
ScottyG said:
Zenbirder said:
Thanks for this, Zenbirder... good to know a bit about you. That sounds like me and my wife a bit. I'm a half-full kind of guy, and she's sometimes a half-empty type. Gives us a lot of material. Of course, she's the sort of half-empty type who fights as hard as she can to fill the glass the rest of the way... that fighting spirit is part of why I love her.
Kind of that way for us, too. I'm more optimistic and he is more of a pesimist (sp). He sees the rain, I wait on the rainboy, that kind of thing.

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
I don't know, Zenbirder... You sound kinda, well... normal :lol:
Ahh, but you don't really know me yet! :lol:

My art is in many media, I usually work on more than one area at a time. I do elaborate beadwork, pen and ink, colored pencil, scratchboard, watercolor and more. My main emphasis is detail and realism, most of my work makes people scratch their heads and say they would never have the patience to do it. Here is a necklace, earring and bracelet set, framed for wall art. The body is turquoise, with fossil dinosaur bone and sterling silver, titled Liberty Maiden. The face is a 1938 liberty half dollar.

Maiden.jpg

Here is the first portrait I ever drew, one of my best friends. I do commission portraits now, sometimes full nudes.

Cheryl1.jpg

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
So this evening I went to put the hens back in the secure pen from the field pen and had a problem. Two fawns were inside the orchard where I wanted to put the hens. The does easily leap out of the field pen with it's 3 foot fence, but this is the first time the fawns have jumped the fence in and they pannicked. Not nice trying to get them out without any of us being hurt! I guess tomorrows chores involve ammending the orchard gate so a chicken can get through but not a fawn. I accidently went in the orchard the other day without looking, and a doe was in and pannicked. She lept the 6'4" fence to get out!