Zero Waste

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Anyone have a way to tell people you only want sustainable baby toys, such as wood and cotton toys? I just can't stand the plastic.
Amazon registry? People will still gift junk anyway. My MIL would rip packages open so I couldnt return them. 🙄 Goodwill didnt mind. 🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone have a way to tell people you only want sustainable baby toys, such as wood and cotton toys? I just can't stand the plastic.

i was always really happy with pieces of tile left over from the family business, bits of bricks, dirt and rocks, clay, pieces of glass too once they had been rounded from the waves at the beach, carved wood blocks, odd chunks of metal. when i was a bit older i also had an Erector Set (metal pieces you could fit together and bolt together) to go with all my other stuff. i also had some wind up motors taken from various things that made great bases for small rolling stock to move things around. marbles, steelies, bearings... :)

the most plastic i had in toys was the legos. i had a few boxes of those too.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Amazon registry? People will still gift junk anyway. My MIL would rip packages open so I couldnt return them. 🙄 Goodwill didnt mind. 🤣

Yep you say it matter-of-factly without much room for any misinterpretation.
How does this sound?

In an effort to keep environmentally harmful substances out of our home we ask that you avoid any and all gifts made of plastic and single use items unless specifically stated on our registry and/or approved by Cecilia and Gianna. We suggest you look into toys made of non-toxic woods, non-toxic fabrics and cloth, non-toxic (non-sharp) glass and non-toxic metals. Thank you!

Red was an edit

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How does this sound?

In an effort to keep environmentally substances out of our home we ask that you avoid any and all gifts made of plastic and single use items unless specifically stated on our registry and/or approved by Cecilia and Gianna. We suggest you look into toys made of non-toxic woods, non-toxic fabrics and cloth, non-toxic (non-sharp) glass and non-toxic metals. Thank you!
I would change this to "continue to be environmentally friendly" or something easier for people to digest.

Latest posts