Zucchini Recipes

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
zucchini bread in oven.. but the batter was so darn good it almost didnt make 2 loves! yikes!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't see this recipe listed here. I was very skeptical, but made it today and my husband and son didn't have a clue they weren't eating apple pie!

http://www.americanprofile.com/recipes/view/54/zucchini-mock-apple-pie.html

Zucchini Mock Apple Pie Recipe

Ingredients
6 cups zucchini (peel, cut lengthwise, remove seeds, slice 1/4-inch thick)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vinegar
Butter
Pastry for two-crust pie

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cook zucchini slices in boiling water until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from stove and drain well (see Tips, below). In a bowl, toss zucchini with sugars, cinnamon, cream of tartar, cornstarch, and salt until well coated. Place pastry in a 9-inch, greased pie pan. Fill with zucchini mix. Dot with butter, drizzle with vinegar. Top with crust. Bake for 12 minutes at 475. Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Make sure the zucchini is well-drained and cooled before adding to sugar mixture or sugar will liquefy and make a river in your pie dish.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a great time for this thread! Didn't grow zuccini THIS year--have in the past--but I've got a zuccini source and I need to cook something with them. thx! :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Here is another zucchini bread recipe. It is a big hit with my family

Zucchini Bread

From
The Greengrocer Cookbook
Joe Carcione

Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add next 5 ingredients and mix lightly. Add flour mixture and blend. Add nuts. Bake 325F. 1 hour or until done in a greased loaf pan.

This makes a very sweet, moist, delicious bread.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Being the frugal self reliant person that I am, I read one of my old Organic Gardening magazines the ther day and ame across this Summer Squash Relish recipe. I made it today. Of course I made enough for 7 pints and more. It smelle good, but I did not taste it.
from OG July 1984 issue

Combine vegetables in a bowl, cover with a plastic bag of crushed ice, and let stand 2 hours. Drain well. In a large pot, combine remaining ingredients and bring mixture to boil. Add vegetables and slowly bring back to a boil. Pack at once in hot, sterilized jars and seal, or refridgerate mixture to serve fresh.

Yield: 1 pint