2000K rent!!!!!!!! some one slap me! Beekissed where are you!!!!!!!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wildsky said:
:lol: We were paying $1800 a month rent in San Diego two years ago. Piece of junk house as well but big (4 bedrooms, 2 bath)

Prior to that it was $1700 mortgage on a 2 bedroom condo - and that was 5 years ago. :th
Ok WildSky, what convinced you to move? How do you like being out of Ca?
We absolutly LOVE it. Its so hard to put it all into words, we're just FREE here... :lol: we're on 3 acres, no nosy people looking over the fence. My son gets to walk all over, to school and back (weather permitting) he absolutly loves it here - he's 9 years old.

I can BOOT the kids out on a nice day, and don't have to worry about weirdo's at all... I could see anyone coming up the drive way a mile off anyway.

There were a number of things that prompted us to move, mostly for our children and their safety. My husbands grandparents lived here. His grandmother is in a nursing home an hour away, and his grandfather passed away 3 years ago - the house belongs to my father in law.
He asked if we would like to move (he lives in CA still) and it took about a year, to hash it out and we finally said YES we're going. Packed up and within three months or so of that we were here. :lol: Been a year and a half now.

My hubby got a job right away in town, and I was lucky enough to KEEP mine, so I now work from home for the company based in San Diego.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sandramort- What I meant, was that in the city sooo many school districts are going the PC route and calling holidays by different names. When we still lived in the city, DGD was having winter break and spring break, now they also have FALL BREAK!!

I am glad our schools here still know why America is great and teaches it in school.

Monica

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
TanksHill said:
Wildsky said:
:lol: We were paying $1800 a month rent in San Diego two years ago. Piece of junk house as well but big (4 bedrooms, 2 bath)

Prior to that it was $1700 mortgage on a 2 bedroom condo - and that was 5 years ago. :th
Ok WildSky, what convinced you to move? How do you like being out of Ca?
We absolutly LOVE it. Its so hard to put it all into words, we're just FREE here... :lol: we're on 3 acres, no nosy people looking over the fence. My son gets to walk all over, to school and back (weather permitting) he absolutly loves it here - he's 9 years old.

I can BOOT the kids out on a nice day, and don't have to worry about weirdo's at all... I could see anyone coming up the drive way a mile off anyway.

There were a number of things that prompted us to move, mostly for our children and their safety. My husbands grandparents lived here. His grandmother is in a nursing home an hour away, and his grandfather passed away 3 years ago - the house belongs to my father in law.
He asked if we would like to move (he lives in CA still) and it took about a year, to hash it out and we finally said YES we're going. Packed up and within three months or so of that we were here. :lol: Been a year and a half now.

My hubby got a job right away in town, and I was lucky enough to KEEP mine, so I now work from home for the company based in San Diego.
Oh, that is my dream!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
Oh, that is my dream!
Every so often I get that weird "happy burst" - you know that feeling when you BUY something cool or you know something good is going to happen? That feeling!!!, just because I feel so at peace and just darn HAPPY.

We often go without stuff, we're so far from Walmart and any clothing stores or take out places, it took a while to get past that part of it (I think my husband suffered more than I did) but now we're super happy.
In san diego there were more nights a week we picked up dinner on the way home, because it was late and we were tired etc. It got to the point we hardly ever cooked anything at home. Now its the total reverse, we cook WAY more than eat out, and I'm enjoying it for the most part.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wildsky, I get the same feeling! I've never been so content and happy in my life! I get that feeling come over me and I know what writers mean when they describe something as a "rosy glow". That's exactly what it feels like....a warm, rosy glow...and I have to smile.

As I've crawled through a lot of muck and unhappiness in my life to get here, it still amazes me to feel like this. Its not exactly the place I live nor just my new peace of mind~its rather a combination of the two....a vast contentment!

In the back of mind, where I don't like to dwell, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop..... :hide

Reaction score
Depends on where you live. Here in Colorado 2k a month isn't that uncommom. Morgage payments avg somewhat higher. My wife is always looking at multiple listings in places like Iowa where she grew up. We could get the same house as we have on 70 acres for about 100k less than what ours cost. Problem is you need a job to make the payment. So people pay what they have to, to live where they want.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes it definitely does depend on where you live. A duplex appartment rent right now is ~$1900.00 around here. We won't even talk about home prices - although they're falling as we speak. Artificially inflated, as far as I'm concerned, due to the loan malarkey that's been going on for years.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Monthly rent around here runs about $400-$1000 depending on what you are getting.

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
cknmom said:
sandramort- What I meant, was that in the city sooo many school districts are going the PC route and calling holidays by different names. When we still lived in the city, DGD was having winter break and spring break, now they also have FALL BREAK!!
Wow. I'm at a loss for words. How dare we pretend anybody other than Christians have holidys!! The nerve! After all, acknowledging that other people exist and have feelings might somehow detract from the joy of Christian holidays. How is treating people other than yourself with respect "pc" and thus a bad thing?

Maybe I'm on the wrong board, or is this a minority vew? I hadn't realized it was obligatory to be Christian here.

]I am glad our schools here still know why America is great and teaches it in school.

Monica
America may have been founded by primarily Christian people, but I beg to differ that this is *why* we're a wonderful place. But then again as a Jewish woman, that sort of goes without saying.