2000K rent!!!!!!!! some one slap me! Beekissed where are you!!!!!!!!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
SandraMort, you have stumbled on a board where the majority are Christian (that doesn't include me). I do, however, dislike ignoring tradition and the thoughts of the majority to pursue a politically correct agenda. Be that as it may, we should keep in mind not everyone believes and agrees with the Christian majority.

Reaction score
the simple life said:
See when I heard $2000.00 I didn't bat an eye because you wouldn't get to rent a house around here for any less than that.
In fact the guy across the street just rented his house out for $2,400.00 per month.
I was fortunate to buy my house 15 years ago but the housing is through the roof now.
Most houses sell around here in the $400,000.00 range so that may explain the high rents. I don't really know.
But even the apartment buildings charge alot.
I know that these little apartments are usually around $1,200.00
It makes it ridiculously hard for people to get into a house if they have been renting, how can you save enough for a downpayment when you are paying thousands in rent?
You can't , that's why so many people got the Arm's. A lot of people live in lower cost area and don't understand how high even rent is. $400k house mortgage will be about 2800 right now or you could save the 20% down and get a better rate to lower it to around 2000. 80k down and 2000 a month after that. I can't save 80k.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think Chkmom meant that at all! I don't like the whole PC thing either when it comes to schools. I never taught my children about Santa and was always brought up to believe that the commercialization of Christmas by the image of Santa Claus was wrong......but I didn't go to school and demand that they take down all the pics of Santa and change a Christmas traditional figure.

I'm free to worship the way I please without censor and without persecution and that's what makes America great....not necessarily Christian holidays. Celebrating traditional Christian holidays in schools doesn't force anyone to participate in that particular religion, nor does it disrespect another's religion.

These holidays happen to be an American tradition and they started way back at the birth of our nation and before. Every nation has a heritage that it has a right to preserve. I'm sure Isreal does, and celebrates these traditions in their public schools.