Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
glenolam said:
What got me was this part:

...human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors
So...that means someone ELECTED to become pregnant with a baby destined to be aborted for the sole purpose of this project?
No. Actually they call most procedures elective. So no one did it on purpose for this recipe. The same wording is used for the cell lines that were used to start vaccines years ago.
As a medical transcriptionist, I think I can translate doctor-speak for you here.

Elective means that it was optional, or someones choice, or that it could be "elected" to be done at any time per the patient and not something life threatening or non-optional. Lasix surgery for the eyes would be a great example of elective surgery, appendix surgery is not.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So someone elected to have a fetus they aborted used for "medical" or "scientific" purposes and the big wigs decided which "medical" or "scientific" purpose it would go to?

Sounds wrong to me.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
glenolam said:
So someone elected to have a fetus they aborted used for "medical" or "scientific" purposes and the big wigs decided which "medical" or "scientific" purpose it would go to?

Sounds wrong to me.
No. The little one was chosen by the company reviewing the health history of the parent, who has no idea that the baby they aborted is being used for this purpose.

The same happened with the cell lines for vaccines. If the parent had the specific disease naturally, then they chose that one for creating the cell lines.

Ok, I feel completely ill now.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry BB - I don't get stuff like that, and I don't mean the Why; I mean the How.

Anyway - I hope you feel better. Didn't mean to bring you down! :hugs

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Sent this out to all our co-ops for just in case.

I, the undersigned, hereby declare that I have taken my milk that comes from cows I own via private contract under the protection of the AK http://www.dec.state.ak.us/regulations/pdfs/18 AAC 32.pdf , ( 18 AAC 32.010. ) and if the health department would like to speak with me about this matter, I can be reached at the number given below.

___________________________________________ __________________________

Still working on getting all the leaders onto the private yahoo group.
Seems like a bunch of them do not get the seriousness of this...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Word is leaking out now, that there were many cases of Campy in Anchorage at the same time, but only one family had drunk raw milk.
Confirmed by the ER Dr.

Good thing I do not cuss.