Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
They are demanding to interview all coordinators.
:tongue

What happens if you don't cooperate? Can the HD arrest you? Sheesh, what a mess! :(
No idea.
Weird thing is, all four people that have been sick, were over a 6 month period. We have literally hundreds of share members.

It also looks like we have a possible informant :sick No proof, but something is smelly and does not fit right.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My prayers are with you, BubB. Any proof you can assemble of all the relevant factors might come in handy ...

I wonder how the HD would react if you ask a few questions of your own?

Not sure the best way to proceed ... I usually go for being nice, cooperating, and covering all my bases when dealing with government folks. But every case is different, and raw milk seems to be taking on the tone of witch hunts here lately ...

Got any good friends in the media? Might be a point where that wouldn't hurt ...

My prayers are with you.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
My prayers are with you, BubB. Any proof you can assemble of all the relevant factors might come in handy ...

I wonder how the HD would react if you ask a few questions of your own?

Not sure the best way to proceed ... I usually go for being nice, cooperating, and covering all my bases when dealing with government folks. But every case is different, and raw milk seems to be taking on the tone of witch hunts here lately ...

Got any good friends in the media? Might be a point where that wouldn't hurt ...

My prayers are with you.
Our extremely liberal media is super anti raw milk.
We do have a call in to our REP. who pushed through the legislation to allow us to have shares.

We are trying to talk with all leaders, but it seems like several are trying to hide.
This is what every raw dairy fears, so I cannot blame them.

At least DEC is backing us. They are unable to find any proof of problems.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would cooperate but TAPE EVERY INTERVIEW. Every phone call, every meeting...EVERYTHING. I would meet as a group too. They will try to divide and Donahue.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We (co-op leaders) have been forwarded a questionnaire to fill out. It very slyly states that campy was found at the farm.
Ummm. Guess what? DEC stated that all tests are negative and that they are backing us fully!

The questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th Very personal and VERY leading. Well couched to give them massive amounts of ammo.

A bunch of us are emailing back and forth, and I talked to our farmer as well.
Looks like no one so far is willing to fill out the form, thank goodness.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sending prayers your way. Wish I could do more. :hugs. Sounds like they are going to really give yall a hard time. At this point what for sure facts do you have? How close together were the sicknesses? How many people got sick that had nothing to do with raw milk? AND have you got a lawyer?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
They're fishing. I do hope you have a lawyer, and if that questionaire isn't mandatory, DON'T fill it out!

Keeping you in my thoughts.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
They're fishing. I do hope you have a lawyer, and if that questionaire isn't mandatory, DON'T fill it out!
Agreed, 100%. They're going to try to use your own words to hang you.

Best of luck, BB!! :fl

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
He agreed that the form is very misleading and we are not to touch it.
Right now, we are asking the co-ops to help raise the $250 to get the farmer a membership.
He cannot afford the fee, as the creamery owes him $120,000 at any given time :somad

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Did I miss something? Farmer needs a membership to what? And why is the creamery so behind in paying him? I thought he was also part owner. What a mess!!