Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have had a rough (unproductive) week with kids out of school for spring break. But DS16 was at biodad's house today and DH took DS8 to a school party, so I was able to work from home today. I finished the most time-sensitive things on my to-do list. :weee

I completed a certification course, rewrote a class curriculum and updated the handouts and worksheets that go with. A person who is threatened by me is attempting to start a dog training business, and copied my website layout, so I reworked mine - it was overdue for an update anyway. I cleaned up my online store, which ends up reducing my workload. Made my spring schedule, made each update into a social media image, and scheduled those posts. Updated my gogole business page - updates and products. Did some image editing for new classes I'm working on. Got about halfway through a new curriculum. :th I think I have 4 new classes to finish the curricula for before I can launch them. And I want to launch them, like, yesterday. :gig

If it wasn't obvious, i haven't cleaned my house or cooked for a while. It's a mess! Thankfully DH stepped in and made lunch and cleaned the kitchen. 😍

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a rough week - glad you managed to get some things done.
A person who is threatened by me is attempting to start a dog training business, and copied my website layout,
People! I don't understand why some people are just ... just... (can't say the word I want to, lol)

Promise you're not the only person who hasn't cleaned house, lol. Yay for your DH stepping up and helping!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We got about 8" of snow last night! and another ~7" expected on Sunday.

i'm glad you're feeling better! :)

cold 17F out there this morning with sunshine. so the ice will melt off the driveway.

we got about 5-6" of snow and none in the forecast for Sunday. rain is though from Monday night to Wednesday morning.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That’s cold! Snow! When does spring get there?

we start planting mid-April if there's no forecasts of hard frosts, but we can still get some frosts into May. the warmer weather crops won't get planted until towards the end of May. for beans (my primary crop), tomatoes (our major canning crop) and peppers (yum!) they all have to be kept above freezing so i won't plant those early. peas and risking early bean crop can go in mid-April or later, but for the beans i don't have a lot of seeds to grow those go in a month or more later. with so many gardens to plant it doesn't all happen at once anyways.

i've yet to lose a complete crop in the main ones i grow, but there were a few times when the pepper plants dropped all their leaves due to a cold snap.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
One of my oldest ewes died yesterday while DH and I were at work. She was just shy of 10 years old. She died from bloat. She was near term with 3 gorgeous lambs. :( I'm not terribly sad to see her go. She had arthritis and was starting to struggle. I was prepared to fight DH to have her euthanized this year after she weaned her lambs. She was too old and ouchy, no need to make her suffer.

6 live lambs now. 6 dead. Not a great year so far.