Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
One thing that I've found is it's much easier to paddle across larger bodies of water w/a kayak paddle, but it's easier to maneuver in tight spots w/a cane paddle, so I take both w/me. (Plus if you drop one, you're not left upstream w/out a paddle!)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
By the time I finished everything last night, I was beat and hubby was being a pain. But my kitchen is the cleanest it's been in months! I got most of the dishes done, and folded and put away the laundry. And, my tack shed is not only clean, but I reorganized it to a point. It will now be easier to get to my tools and to put them away.

I have my lesson today, so I'll be leaving earlier than normal. And I'm going on a motorcycle run tonight. RU is going to give Stormy his lunch, I just need to leave it out for him. I'm hoping I can get the last of the dishes done this morning as well as some housework. So my list for today is:

1. Dishes
2. Housework
3. Normal animal chores
4. Lesson
5. Motorcycle run

If I didn't know what all was involved in each of those, I'd think my list was really short!

I almost forgot. I'm happy to report that the fencing I put up to fill in the gap in my broody area worked! I got there yesterday and found the momma where she belonged, and my broody on her eggs. We also got a good, much needed rain. I haven't checked my rain gauge yet, but I know we got at least 0.75"!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yay on the fencing! Maybe you'll get some chicks hatched out after all!

Now that the kitchen is clean, you need to make yourself some treats!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I did yesterday. I made some brownies, but tried something I read you can do-I used applesauce instead of sugar. They're edible, but I won't make them again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
They don't really taste chocolaty, in fact they're kind of bland. But they're still edible and give me something to munch on.

I forgot to put work on my list yesterday. Since I was working after my lesson and not going back to the farm, RU said she'd feed Stormy his lunch. So I get to the farm, unload Misty and go to give Stormy his last feeding. Well, his lunch was still sitting there! So that meant since I had to go past the farm on my way home from my motorcycle run I stopped and gave him his lunch then. He doesn't get as much food in that feeding.

I had been going to do the dishes in the morning, but decided to wait until I got home. I was tired, so took a nap B4 working on the dishes. I wasn't able to get them all done. So, I'll finish them this morning. I need to clean my bathroom today. I don't know if I'll do that this morning, or this afternoon. I have to go to a meeting tonight. I don't want to go. I'll be glad when this year is over. I won't have any more of these meetings to go to.

Today I'm hoping to finish my chicken house. I'm not sure how the chickens will feel about it though. I checked on the chickens last night, and a bunch of them were roosting on the frame work. But, I'm planning on putting up an outside roost on it, so I'm sure they'll like that. And I need to start getting rid of birds. But I just never seem to have the time to do so. I want to sell my one rooster as well as a bunch of pullets. Then I can start sending the cockerels to freezer camp.

I'm also planning on working w/the horses today. All the work I'm doing is paying off. Misty and I were more connected yesterday. We had one of the best lessons we've had in awhile. I'm hoping to be able to work w/her today, then ride her tomorrow.

All the work I've done to my field is really paying off. I put out hay, and the horses are ignoring it, or just picking thru it and eating the best parts. I move my electric on Thursday, and don't put out any hay then. Well, since I moved the wires last week, my horses haven't even eaten a bale of hay! I have to figure out how many bales I have and about how many I should need to get thru the winter. This is making my life easier.

I need to get busy. Hubby has left for work and it's getting later. So, my lists for today:

1. Dishes
2. Normal animal chores
3. Clean and mow field
4. Work w/horses
5. Chicken house
6. House work
7. Meeting

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I am so glad I don't have to go out again tonight! I only have 4 more of those evening meetings. And as much as I enjoy my motorcycle runs, they'll be stopping by the end of September. I'll be going canoeing next Thursday evening, but I'll be home a lot earlier than I was the last 2 nights. Normally, by this time of the day I've already started working on stuff, but I'm dragging. I need to get busy, so here's a quick update.

I was able to work w/Misty in the RP yesterday. She gave me some attitude, but not as much as she has been giving me. Today I plan on riding her some. Don't know how long, it's going to depend on how late I get out there.

I worked w/Licorice some more on taking the bit. She's starting to understand that I want her to drop her head for getting the bit out. Today, I'll work her in the RP. And, I groomed all of my horses and put fly spray on them.

I worked some on the chicken house, but not as much as I wanted to. By the time I got to that, it was later than I'd planned, plus I got interrupted. But, I got some more boards cut and painted. I plan on working w/the horses first thing this morning, then I'll start working on the chicken house. I plan on getting the wood for the nesting boxes cut and painted then I'll start putting the rest of it together while that dries. I'm hoping I'm to a point where I can paint stuff and let it dry while I'm working on other parts.

I'll be cleaning some of my basement this morning. Then this afternoon, I hope to work on some firewood. I'm pretty much caught up on the garden. I might do some work in the yard as well. It's going to depend on exactly how hot it is by the time I get home and how tired I am. So, my list for today is:

1. Dishes
2. Housework
3. Normal animal chores
4. Work w/horses
5. Chicken house
6. Yard work
7. Firewood

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Been super busy! And, I forgot to reset my alarm clock this morning so I overslept. I still don't have the chicken house done, and don't know that I'll be able to work on it any today. But, the frame work is up. The nesting box is attached. And I have the back side on. I'm hoping to get a few more boards cut at the very least. So my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Normal animal chores
3. Work
4. Clean field
5. Chicken house
6. Yard work
7. Firewood
8. Dishes

That's enough and I need to get moving!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Are yall going to have a hay shortage in your area this winter? Its looking like its going to be really bad in our area, so I'm stocking up to a point where I shouldn't have to get any more. I'm waiting on my delivery of big bales, and once we figure out how many will fit in the barn, then I'll see if I need to prepay for more than that to make sure I'm completely covered. If I end up not needing them, then I should be able to sell them at a pretty good profit, or save them for the next year if they are still in good condition. I'm spending a fortune in hay right now and it stinks!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't know. I've been able to get what I need, and I don't need as much as I did last year. My guys aren't even eating any hay right now! W/all the work I've done to my field, even w/as small as it is, they're getting enough grazing from that. And even w/them grazing on it, I STILL have to mow!