Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Monday night, I was just too beat to post, and yesterday I was too busy! I got home from the farm late. They're calling for rain later in the week, so even though it was a bit later than I'd normally leave, I got some more of the boards cut for the chicken house. Then I went for a short motorcycle ride. I needed to check out a road and see where I needed to turn off of it for the motorcycle run I was leading last night. Well, the road was blocked for a fire, and I wasn't familiar enough w/the area to easily figure out how to get around it. Plus, I was low on gas, so I turned around and went home. I sat down to take a bit of a break, and by the time I got up enough energy to go outside, it was dark! So, I fed the animals in the dark, did no dishes, yard work or firewood, but went to bed.

Yesterday, I was able to get my kitchen clean B4 I left. And I left later than I'd planned. I didn't know how I was going to get everything done that I needed to do. I had both Bible study and my appointments yesterday and I had to go to the feed store and TSC. I had planned on going to the stores early, but didn't have enough time. I had cleaned my kitchen and put out laundry first, it took longer than it should have. So, I decided I'd go after Bible study, then head back to the farm. But, I wasn't sure if I'd have enough time to make my appointments. Then I got to thinking. The road TSC is on is the road I have to take to my appointments, I just pick it up a few miles down the road. Plus there's a gas station right next to TSC and it actually had the cheapest gas of any I'd be going past. I needed to clean my truck out some, so while Stormy was eating his lunch, I moved stuff around in my truck, then I headed to the stores. The stuff that I needed right away, I put in the bed of the truck. The rest of the feed went in my back seat.

Doing the feed run that way worked. I had enough time to get to my appointments. After my chiropractor's, I stopped at Lowes, then went back to the farm. I got the feed unloaded that I needed, gave Stormy his dinner, got the chickens fed and left. I had enough time when I got home to do the dishes, then feed animals and get the laundry down B4 heading for my motorcycle run. And it was still light enough when I got home to put my canoe in the back of my pickup. So, that's saving some time this morning.

Today is going to be another busy day. Hubby's left for work, and I have stuff to do B4 I leave-like laundry. And I want to leave early. I'm helping w/canoeing today at the Nature Center and I want to work w/both Misty and Licorice B4 I leave. So, my list is:

1. Housework
2. Laundry
3. Normal animal chores
4. Work w/horses
5. Canoeing
6. Work on chicken house
7. Yard work
8. Firewood
9. Dishes

I think that's enough for today.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, it took a bit, but I got it all done. I'm having trouble putting the chicken house together, and couldn't figure out why-until I got a level. Apparently, I didn't make the frame completely square. I thought it looked off, but figured it was just an optical illusion. I should have checked it B4. For now, I'm going to get it together the best I can. They really need the shelter. Then, when I have the time, I'll take it apart and see if I can square it up some. If I can get the door, the window, the nesting boxes and that wall done tomorrow, I'll probably just take a spare piece of wood and use it for the roof for now. Then if it doesn't rain on Friday, I'd do that last little bit. If it rains, I'll finish it on Monday.

Tomorrow I'm going to be really busy. I want to leave as close to 7:00 as I can. I have my lesson tomorrow, then stuff to do at the farm, then I'm going canoeing in the evening. I need to put a load of clothes out on the line in the morning, so I already washed them. Once it get light out, I'll be hanging them out. I'm not sure if I'll be getting on in the morning or not. It's going to depend on how early I get up.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just on here briefly to make my list, then I'm getting to work. But, this list is subject to change if the weather does. They keep changing it! So, here goes:

1. Housework
2. Laundry
3. Normal animal chores
4. Lesson
5. Clean field and mow
6. Chicken house
7. Go canoeing

Doubt I'll have time for anything else-unless they cancel the canoeing. We could get T storms this evening. If we do, I'll probably do more laundry or housework.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Well, it won't rain much here because the two horses without shelter are in their stalls in case it rains.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hope the weather held our for your canoe trip. went the other day to look at the place that sells old town canoes, they are really nice. going to have to look for a used one

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That's the problem w/Old Towns-they're expensive! But they also last. My canoe is around 20 yo now and is still going strong.

I thought I posted on Friday, but don't see anything. So, I don't know if I only thought about it, or if it's been lost! The canoeing was cancelled. And we hardly got any rain. So that was a double disappointment.

Today was a pretty good day. I was able to get part of the yard cleaned up, then cut up, split and stacked some firewood, then ironed a whole basket of shirts. Then I took a break B4 doing the dishes. I actually had all the dishes done! That didn't last long. After I got home from feeding Stormy and the chickens, I made a loaf of bread and blueberry muffins. So now I have a bunch of dishes again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today I don't have a lot planned. I need to do all the dishes this morning B4 heading to church. There's no church this evening, but I'm not telling hubby. I'll leave at the normal time. I'm hoping to get both Misty and Licorice in the RP. This past week I worked w/Licorice on taking the bit some more and I think she's got it! And I rode Misty for my lesson. Yesterday I tried putting something on them that covers their ears and has a fringe on it for keeping flies out of their ears and eyes. But, that's all I worked w/them. Between the heat and how busy I was, I just didn't have the time. So if I can work w/them this evening, then I can ride Misty tomorrow. I'll probably work Licorice in the RP again, then when I have time again, I'll work w/her and the bit. I use a trail halter for riding, so I want Licorice to let me attach the bit to that, then take it off w/out her flinging her head up. Once she does that, I'll be getting on her back!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's going to be another hot, dry week though not as hot as last week. But at least, most nights are supposed to be cooler. And, I'm seeing progress w/everything I've been doing, so that's good. I'm also not wasting as much time on the computer, which is helping.

Hubby has left for work and I need to get busy. As much as I need to do dishes, I'm planning to wait and do them this evening after dinner. I never got back to them over the weekend. Every time I was going to do them, hubby was in the way. But if I wait until this evening, I can do more of my living room and I can practice the piano. I haven't really had time all summer long but I have special music this Sunday. I was going to sing but I can't find the CD I wanted to use. It's not in it's container and I don't have a clue as to where it can be. I don't have a lot of CDs, and I checked all the containers, it's not in any of them. So since I need to practice, I need to get busy. My list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Practice piano
3. Normal animal chores
4. Work w/horses
5. Clean field
6. Finish chicken house
7. Yard work
8. Firewood
9. Dishes

I may actually be able to find my living room floor again after today. That would be nice.