Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And it's raining out. I'm glad I have Bible study this morning cuz otherwise, I don't know what I'd do at the farm. I do need to get rain sheets on the horses, especially Stormy. He really feels the cold now when it rains. They are calling just for showers this afternoon. So I'm hoping I can work some on the hay stall once I get back. Then at around 3:00, I can feed Stormy B4 heading to my chiropractor's. I plan on stopping at a store on my way home to get some stuff that we need.

B4 I leave, I have laundry to put away. Then I want to give my kitchen a bit more thorough cleaning than I've been doing. I want to clean out the fridge and freezer. Since I'm cooking for myself, I want to see what I have in the way of food in there that I'll eat. I'll be buying some stuff on the way home. And, I'll probably divide both the fridge and the freezer. Hubby will have his section, and so will I.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm falling asleep. I had a busy day. I got the fridge cleaned out. It took longer than I was expecting, but I have it divided. Haven't told hubby yet.

The hay stall is all cleaned out! I just managed to get it done in time. Then I got Stormy fed, put out hay and got the chickens taken care of.

I went to the chiropractor. Then I went to the store, then went home. My other group was having pizza at another friend's house, so I went out. Now I'm sitting here trying to stay away. I think I'm going to go to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We got much more rain yesterday than they were calling for. And, they're calling for more rain on Thursday! So I'm not sure what all I'm getting done at the farm. It's kind of wet out there. Today, I'm going to go to work. When I get back to the farm, I'm going to finally get my stalls set up. That will help not only w/feeding but also w/a goat that keeps getting into my field. He was "helping" Stormy eat yesterday. But, until I get the fence up the way I want, I can't keep it out of my field. It goes under the slip board fence. :somad

I need to do more work to my kitchen. I got the fridge clean yesterday. Now I need to go thru the freezer part as well. Once I've done that, I'll know more what I need to buy so I have the food I want to eat. Cooking for myself is paying off. At times when I'm making something, I just barely get it cooked B4 I'm trying to eat it. I'm eating better and am now more likely to eat 3 good meals a day. Now if I could only divide the rest of the house in half. :hide

Because of the rain, it's really making it hard to keep up on laundry. Normally, I only do 1 load a day. Today, I'm doing 2 loads and have a 3rd I could do. I can't do them tomorrow. So, they'll be done on Friday. I try not to do clothes on Friday if I can help it since I don't normally put them away once I take them off the line. And I don't normally do laundry on the weekend. But, I'm going to either have to do that, or use my dryer. I still have the last load I did sitting in a basket. Guess I'd better get them put away.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And it actually rained some this morning, all over the clothes I had out on the line! They weren't completely dry when I got home, so I tossed them in the dryer for a bit.

I didn't quite get done as much as I wanted to. It took me longer than I was expecting to hang the gates. I had some problems. But, they're up. Tomorrow at the very least I'll finish the stalls. It will make it much easier to feed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I couldn't get on here this morning. But, I had an allergist appointment, and I went to ID some trees at a county park this morning. Then, I headed back to the farm. I now have stalls for feeding! I checked the forecast this morning, and they were calling for nice weather. Well, they were wrong! About the time I got out of the allergists, it started to rain. And it rained off and on for the next few hours. So, I was trying to ID trees in the rain. I got some of it done, but not all. Found 1 tree that I have no idea what it is. It's some type of ornamental, and it wasn't in any of the books I had.

Went back to the farm. It stopped raining, but then started again right about when I got there. So, I fed Stormy, got changed, ate lunch and waited for it to slow down a bit. I finally decided it wasn't raining too hard, so I went down front, and got 3 4x4s. And I now have stalls for feeding! I just had enough battery power to get the stalls done, get the stall guards up, and hang buckets. So, tomorrow, I'll be able to feed in stalls! It will make my life easier.

Now I'm home. I'm beat. I still need to go and feed animals, and clean my bathroom, but I need to relax for a bit first.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
isn't it nice to have a place for everybody and everyone in their place. makes life so much easier.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to finishing it all! It's going to be a really nice area when I get done.

I never did clean the bathroom yesterday. I was just too tired. I don't know if it was the weather or what. So I went to bed real early-then woke up real early. So that means I'm going to be tired today! I miss my tack shed. If it was down back w/me, I could take a nap if I got too tired. I'm hoping it won't be too long B4 it is.

Since I didn't clean my bathroom yesterday, I'll be doing that today. Plus, I have laundry to put away, shirts to iron, and a load to wash and put out on the line. Plus, I want to do some dishes. I'm hoping I can get that all done early. Then, I need to run to a store and get some hardware cloth. Then, I'll head to the farm.

It's going to be sunny, but windy. The wind will help dry the farm out some. I just don't think I can get my mower into my field, I think it's too wet for now. So, that means I need to make a few trips w/my wagon. I need some wood that I have up front. My goal for today is to get the hay stall all done. I've finally figured out how to do it. Then, w/the hay stall all done, I need to put down my pallets-which are all up front, then stack my hay.

W/that done, I'm going to get the floors for my coops cut as well as the legs. I will get them painted on the bottom and paint the legs. Then, once they're dry, I'll put them together. I may also start cutting the pieces for the frame and nesting boxes. It's going to depend on how long it takes to do the hay stall. I had wanted to get started on the fencing, but I need to run the tractor over the pit to pack that all down and it's just too wet to do that. Instead, I'll do that on Monday and hope to get at the very least the fence posts in then.

Once home, I need to bring in some wood. I'm almost out and it's going to be colder tomorrow, so I'll probably need a fire all day long.

I'm going to be working my butt of for the next month or so. I'm hoping to have my chicken area all done by next weekend and have my chickens down there. Then, I can get my old chicken houses fixed up a bit-I want to redo the nesting boxes since they leak a bit, then sell them. And, I can take all the chickens I'm not keeping to the auction.

W/that done, I can dismantle most of the chicken area up front. I'll be leaving the broody area-it's 10x10. I don't need the fencing and PT just bought a couple of chickens. So, she's buying the fencing off of me. This will give her an area for hers.

I'll also do some work down there so that I can hopefully get all of my stuff down my area. I need to get all the stone out of the feed stall. I have some solid pallets which I had planned on putting down in there. I'm still planning on doing it. I don't need them, so why not?

Once everything is down except for my tack shed, I'll be working on my fencing. There are 2 areas that I have to do first. I need to do the fencing between my field and CL's field. I'm changing how gates are, so that means pulling out some fence posts, and putting them back in so they work w/the gate. And, I need to move the fence line into my area in some so I have enough room for my tack shed. When I do that, I'll be putting a bigger gate in so I can drive my truck in. And, I'll be hanging gates to block off my area from wandering livestock. W/that done, I will try and get the sheep out of my field. I'll be putting welded wire up against the fence so that hopefully neither the sheep nor the goat will be able to get back into my area. For now, it will just be the fence line from CL's field as well as the fence line into my area.

W/that done, I'll finally be able to make my new RP. Then, as I have the money over the winter, I'll be putting the welded wire up along the whole fence. I'm using cable ties. I know my horses. I can put up welded wire for them along w/electric at the top, and they won't try to get out. So, when I finally get my own place, I'll take down the welded wire, and take it w/me.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
... and then you'll sit back and say "No, I think I want it like THIS".... hahahahaha Face it, you're a workaholic, lol