Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I am totally bummed out now. I got a text from the guy this morning saying his wife doesn't want him to do it. So looks like I won't be moving after all. She's afraid that they'll be a ton of flies from the horses.

As upset as I am, I'm just glad that they changed their mind now rather than once I had everything all moved and had been there a couple of months. Then I would have really had a problem!

So apparently, this isn't God's will for me. Which means, as nice as this field was, He has something better for me. I just need to wait on Him.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Deb, wonderful to see you :hugs Sorry to hear about the problems with the horses' current board and the non-move. God will show you the right place, hopefully soon.

How's things otherwise?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Can you move them home?

I can't have them here, there's not enough room. I only have a little more than a 1/2 acre.

Deb, wonderful to see you :hugs Sorry to hear about the problems with the horses' current board and the non-move. God will show you the right place, hopefully soon.

How's things otherwise?

Things are still crazy. I'm working as hard as I can to get rid of all the junk in the house and the yard.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Figured I'd give y'all a bit of an update.

Still stuck at RU's, and don't want to be. So since I don't want to be there more than I have to, I'm back working on the horse farm where I used to work 5 years or so ago. It doesn't pay a lot, but it's only part time, and for the most part, I can set my own hours. I don't know how much I'll be working once winter hits in earnest, but that's OK. I'm not sure how much I really want to be working there over the winter. Every cent that I don't need is going into savings.

I still don't have my shed moved down back. But it should be done by the end of the year. I have very little that I need to do to finish the area. The main thing is to get the pit cleaned out and filled in. I've done some of it. I realized a couple of months ago that there's rats in it. And they made all kinds of tunnels into my chicken pens. I lost chicks. So, I put mesh down in the broody pens and have been filling in the tunnels w/dry concrete mixture. It hardens up w/no problem.

The majority of my chicks this year were roosters! I'm not even sure how many I've gotten rid of so far-at least 20 and I have more to go! I just don't have the time to send them to freezer camp, so instead I took them to auction. I kept 8 pullets, and have 3 to sell as well as 7 more roosters. I also have 6 younger chicks still. I can tell that I have 1 pullet and 2 cockerels in the oldest set, the younger 3, I'm not 100% sure. I had tried to sell the houses I made originally, but wasn't able to. I'm glad. I'm going to set something up behind my pens so I can get birds separated out easier next year. I'll have all the pullets that I'm not keeping in one section, and the cockerels in another. That will also help w/my feed bill.

I have a chicken that's having seizures. I don't know what is causing them, but she'll get one when she drinks, and when it gets dark out. If I can't get them stopped, I'll be putting her down.

Still working on getting rid of junk and getting stuff done outside. I'm making progress, but it's slow. I had hoped to have all the wood done for the winter by now, but I've barely made a dent in it.

Finally have time to do more riding. Went on a trail ride last Saturday and managed to twist my ankle while riding! I was posting, and apparently came down wrong. I have problems w/that ankle-I tore the ligaments when I was a kid. Today's the first day I haven't had to have it strapped up.

Managed to get sick for Thanksgiving. Had to call people up and tell them not to come over. But I wasn't going to take a chance on my parents getting sick. They're both in their 80s.

My DS moved to Florida over the summer. I miss him. Christmas this year is going to feel strange.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, a twisted ankle and sick for T'giving.... that stinks!

It does feel strange when your children move away...I wish every day that my daughter lived closer.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hi Deb, good to see you! Sorry to hear about your ankle and Thanksgiving. That sucks.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My ankle is pretty much back to normal. Though it did bother me a bit in church this morning. At least, I wasn't sitting there w/ice on it like I did last Sunday.