Dreaming...

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
your lawyer is much nicer than i am. after the stunt they pulled I'd have asked them to leave last week. take a deep breath baby girl, it will come together in God's time... you'll get there

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Things are still as confused as a bowl of soup this side. The tenants are frantically trying to secure a home loan, so they can buy this house they are after. They have until the 15th to do that. In the meantime the agent found them another rental, so if the loan doesn't happen, they have a plan B. Thankfully, because without a loan, the first house is out.

I told her (the agent) yesterday I owe her BIG!

So we are waiting now for the 15th to hear what they are doing and when they are doing it, so we can move… We're aiming for Ireland roughly 2-3 weeks after that first "getting MIL moved and settled" move. Soon, soon :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my, I haven't updated and so much happened! We found a place to go stay at for the interim period. A lovely yoga retreat that belongs to an acquaintance of DH. The place is breathtaking and the owner is awesome, I'm going to see if I can talk him into signing up here so you all can meet him and chat DIY building with him.

Our tenants are busy moving and we are going to do the same starting Saturday, so the week so far have been a bit crazy, with trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible, organising storage for the furniture (we're renting a furnished cottage), etc.

As soon as we're settled and in over there, we are going to book our flights for Ireland, aiming for the end of this month. I checked online yesterday and there are still flights available :fl

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I updated, things have been CRAZY. We moved 2 weeks ago and found 3/4 through our move that the farm's title deeds did NOT transfer as they led us to believe… So what to do? We had to continue with the move, into a gorgeous wooden cottage in a yoga retreat (I kid you not), in a forrest, not very far from the coast. This place is beautiful and peaceful and in spite of the stresses of the last week, did calm me down finally. And no, I didn't do any yoga! Long walks first thing in the morning work for me.

So, yesterday the transfer finally come through. We went to the Dept of Home Affairs in a nearby town to find out what can be done about DS's birth certificate, which we applied for 5 YEARS ago already.. Without which we cannot travel with him. It was ready?!?!?! I was so happy and surprised I hugged the Home Affairs official lol DH and I could finally make our travel plans and book our flights. We decided to try for this weekend and got really cheap flights for Sunday (31st), leaving from here to Abu Dhabi and from there to Dublin on Monday morning. I still haven't secured a rental/place to buy yet, but I am working on it. Wish me luck!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are adorable! Maybe in a kitchen window?
Remember that any rental will be strictly temporary- you can live in the meanest shack if you know it's only for a little while. You've posted so many 'possibles' that I'm certain you will find the perfect forever home very quickly.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
how exciting for you. i hope your place sells soon so you can get on with your plans. i like the first property, especially all the land but i think it would take more time and energy than i have to fix it up. the second is cute and i really like the out buildings. ready made barn and chicken house. shouldn't take as much to fix up the property and you could work on the house to make it just what you want. just know that when your place sells the perfect place will come along for you. keep dreaming kiddo, just remember, someday.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What an adventure this will be if you ever get to Ireland! You are young enough and have plenty of energy to work one of these properties to make it your own. Really put your vibe into it and it becomes an expression of yourself.

Dreams must be fulfilled at some point in your life. You can't live your life wishing you had done something, wondering where you would be had you gone ahead and done it. These things will eat at you until you satisfy your soul and accomplish these deep seated desires.

Good luck Sumi, we are all behind you!! :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The better of the two agents just phoned to say she's got THREE sets of people coming to look at our place this weekend. One Saturday and two on Sunday :) Fingers, toes and eyes crossed! :fl