Dreaming...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We may have sold our place! May have sold, it's not a done deal, but it's looking good! :)

The good agent phoned just now, saying one of the sets of people who is interested in our place got an offer on their property today. The will know by the 10th if the money for their place have been lodged with the attorney and as soon as it's confirmed they want to proceed with buying our place. Just like that. They've seen a load of pics of our place, but haven't been out here yet, so the agent organised a viewing for early next week, just in case, but it looks like they've made their minds up already. They say our place with the two flats as well as the main house is exactly what they are looking for as they are a family and some close relatives looking to move in somewhere together.

:fl

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm a not late to the party here but all of these places look amazing!

If you get the 2 bed one (the last one You posted) you can always build onto it to make it a 3 bed or more if desired. I would absolutely love a place like this one <3 so much land to do stuff with! I hope everything works out and you can sell your place getting the home of your dreams!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Smart Red I hope we have your luck when our turn comes!

The Galway house is on an auction site as well and it got bids already :( So I'm looking again. This property has potential: http://www.daft.ie/sales/ballindrimley-castlerea-roscommon/737510/ Love the outbuildings..

And I found a ruin I checked out out of curiosity. The property description made me laugh. That agent is nothing if not honest LOL And optimistic:

Property Description:
Classic renovation project comprising derelict cottage, outbuilding on circa 3 acres partly hilly land. House has been empty for decades, and is now a roofless house shaped pile of stones with a hawthorn tree growing inside, and full of brambles. Situated in a quiet, rural, somewhat out of the way location with river running near the house. Access from the public road by drivable track . Numerous mature trees on site. Small scale quarry on site. Major project for the adventurous. Could be wonderful.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@sumi i have all kinds of platitudes "this to shall pass", "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", blah, blah, blah. sometimes you just have to trust God things will work out. hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi, we looked and looked before finding our place that we are moving to. We had some land and started talking to people we knew about buying it, and things just fell into place. One of the people we told about it, bought it. We were able to cover all the horrible (and costly) things that went wrong because of the money we got from selling the land. Now we are trying to sell our current house ourselves. If it is to be, it will happen. Oh, and our air conditioning unit died yesterday and we had to lay out $1800 for another. I added onto my Call 1-800-COM-PLAIN thread. :lol:

That cottage is so neat. It is clean, modern and ready to move into. And 11.5 acres? That just has to be yours! I truly hope that you sell your house soon and can buy this cottage.

There is a Swedish based company that sells ready-to-assemble furniture and home accessories. One of the displays is tiny spaces. They set up tiny house designs in their stores. Ikea is the master of space saving. I ripped out all the shelves and hanging racks of all the closets in the home we bought and am going back with Ikea closet organizers. Their prices are reasonable and the quality is good. I am thinking it will be costly to try to move any of your furniture and Ikea might be a good place to shop!

There is an Ikea in Dublin.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know, this might sound funny, but I woke up in the middle of the night with you on my mind. I was thinking of you selling your house and buying that cottage in Ireland. I think it might be a go!

I am going to have faith that this is your time. Time to sell your house, time to move to your new house, your new life and time to get to living the life you want. Can I get a AMEN on that?
AMEN!!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is it. And if it's not, I'll come open up a six-pack of Texas whup-ass all over him and stomp a mudhole in his stupid face. And you can tell him I said so!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
No word from the agent, but I just got an email in response to one of the adverts I put online. I phoned the man and he sounds very interested, especially when I told him we have someone else that is VERY interested, but they haven't committed yet. He said he'll make a plan to come view our place asap.

Just when I was starting to wonder if we're ever going to sell this place...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The agent came round (unannounced, as usual) with our buyer's friend, so he can look over our place and report back to the buyer. The friend is someone I know, I worked for his son and have known them for about 14 years. Apparently the buyer already got his loan approved, he just needs to sign the off to purchase now :fl We will hopefully hear something soon.