Dreaming...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Update on the farm sale, I hate to tell you all this, but the tenants are messing us around now. I took them some eggs yesterday and got told that the son can't get a loan now and the wife is applying for one. And it could take up to two months to process… I sat and thought about this a bit. If the son can get a loan and according to the tenant said he would've bought them the farm outright had he known sooner, why is his mother applying for the loan? They also told us last year that they can only borrow 3/4 of the amount, talked about paying off the rest over time. Now they assure us she can get the full amount? There are a few things here that are not adding up.

Last week Monday an agent from another agency in the next town over from us arrived unannounced with a hopeful buyer in tow. He saw our ads and it is what the buyer is looking for, so he thought he'd come check. The buyer asked DH to please let them know if the sale agreement with the tenants don't work out and that is exactly what he's going to do today. Sod telling them they can have the farm. They changed their tune, so as far as I'm concerned that agreement is nil and void. I'll keep you posted.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, I'd say let them have it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
DH just spoke to the agent. He is coming this way with the buyer on Friday and said he'll bring them by midday. The talk with the tenants was less positive (for them), so hopefully this will give them some incentive to get going.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well dang, it's just not nice of the tenants to keep you on hold...so I'm in agreement with everyone else! Money talks and bull$hi? walks! First one with the money wins.

Good luck!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that things are not going as well as you had hoped with the tenants. :hugs
Good Luck with the new prospects, Sumi!
Be strong and remember - Money talks! First one with the finances gets the place and then you can start the new life in Ireland.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :hugs This is so frustrating at times, I think by the time we have a sale done and confirmed, I'll feel nothing but relieved!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate wishy-washy people. Yes, sell it to the first person with the money. Your tenants are just trying to hold on to your place. First one with the money wins the prize.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We have last week's hopeful buyers coming in about an hour. The agent phoned this morning to confirm.

I spoke to the tenants who were not happy and told him they KNEW the situation we're in, they KNOW we have to sell asap! They've known for 2 months! If they got going earlier we would've got going selling the farm to them now. I told him to stop stressing about things though, if these people take it I do have another small farm in mind for them that might be for sale ;) It belongs to a friend of mine and she just moved quite far away for work and a clean start.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Update on the above. The agent brought the people round. They turned out the be the people the good agent was going to bring round on the 28th but never did… She told them our place sold, that's why she didn't bring them then. They then went to this new agent, who showed them another property here and took a chance to come round and ask us. DH told him we have a buyer but it's not a done deal. When the tenants told us their chance of plans we phoned this new agent and those were the people he brought round now. They are thoroughly confused by the situation, quite understandably. I went to them and said the place is still for sale and the first one who puts the money on the table can have it. Done. If they want it they can have it.