Dreaming...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm still having computer problems, so haven't been on much. I was hoping I'd get on and find it had sold. Hope it will be soon.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Deb. I'm so ready for this now. I started making a new quilt to help fill the time while we wait. I've made a couple and gave away all but 3 (2 sold, 1 for my son), so I'm going to make some for myself now, for my new house. Quilt fabric is very expensive in Ireland (roughly $70/yard), so I'm buying all of it here where I can get it at less than $2/yard.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You should buy a bunch to take w/you, then sell it in Ireland! You could make a kiling.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I am actually thinking of doing that. I want to take some extra and put it on Etsy or on Ebay. DH is going to come over to see us 3-4 times a year, so he can restock for me when he comes.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I loaded 3 cow panels and 4 horse panels on the trailer today. Those are heavy wire panels that are 16 feet long and 50 inches high. We also loaded up a 300 gallon water tub and a much smaller one. Put some T-Posts on there and some re-bar and various things. It is parked in the driveway right now, have more stuff to put on it, but afraid it might go missing, so will wait until we are ready to haul it to the new house.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Deb. I'm so ready for this now. I started making a new quilt to help fill the time while we wait. I've made a couple and gave away all but 3 (2 sold, 1 for my son), so I'm going to make some for myself now, for my new house. Quilt fabric is very expensive in Ireland (roughly $70/yard), so I'm buying all of it here where I can get it at less than $2/yard.
$70 a yard??? :th that is crazy!! How do people afford it? Wow.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@baymule It's going to be my turn soon. DH is going to stay with me for a month, if he can, to help me get straight, before coming back here. I'm thinking of getting some WOOFFers to help me on the farm. Provided I have accommodation for them…

Yep, $70/yard. Quilting and sewing is not popular over there!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At least England is only a day trip away! Fun day shopping for fabric there.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
If they will let me into the country. They are terribly fussy with giving out even tourist visas at the moment and I'm married to a Brit…

It's 08:25pm, I have dinner half-cooked in the oven and our electricity supplier, Eskom just decided it's time for a little load shedding. :he Translated: they cannot meet the current national demand for electricity so we will be turned off for 2.5 hours. Reason for them not being able to meet the demand? Ranged from their coal supply getting wet, them running out of WATER at one of their plants, running out of DIESEL at one of their plants and nearly running out money last month :)

And then people ask me why I'm leaving SA?

I'm going to make a fire. See you all...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking, why is your DH going back to SA?
I think WWOOFing would be fun. Hosting WWOOFers would be fun too. I hope that works out for you!

Power shut off? Dinner half baked? Gheesh! :barnie Sounds like a Bar-B-Cue pit would be a good investment. How in the world do you put up with it?