Experts Recommend Delaying Breastfeeding Until Vaccinations...

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Holachicka said:
*Drags out a kiddie pool filled with mud.... ALRIGHT LADIES!! Let's see what you've got!!
pulls Hola and Moolie up on the table for our rendition of The Thong song

shake it gals! whooooot!
Oh no YOU di-int!

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know! They make it sound so easy! You just never know until you try it yourself! I remeber my "footballs" after my first, and OUCH! With my second I had to pump after each feeding until I was dry. That worked well for me, But everyone is different. It did get easier for me, but I know of a few friends that never got a break. I was luck to have a REALLY great doc to help me.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
glenolam said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
Holachicka said:
*Drags out a kiddie pool filled with mud.... ALRIGHT LADIES!! Let's see what you've got!!

shake it gals! whooooot!
Oh no YOU di-int!
:lol: !!! :D what a way to lighten a mood!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
whooot!

Hola - you are so much fun - why ain'tcha been around? go and start a journal so we can keep up with you

:)

ps I had to be someone's Lactation Consultant. Me, with only dairy goat experience, them with a pump. Me dying of embarrassment "helping" her... you can only imagine how it went. And I can't even say "placenta" and there I was. Milking someone.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Holachicka said:

shake it gals! whooooot!
:yuckyuck

I KNOW there is some really "smart a**" comment a guy can make here but the visuals in this "scene" are just too good. :lol:

Where were you guys when I was growing up and my mom sent me to the store with money in a stapled shut paper bag and the pharmacist sent me back with a stapled shut paper bag with a box in it? :hide

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aaaaand, Google Ads rides again--there are two infant formula ads at the bottom of my page, one for Nestle :( :p :( :p :rolleyes:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
OK ya'all, I posted that article because I feel it is good to be reading the stuff that is going on out there.
Not to start a knock down, drag 'em out, you posted with intent to mislead, etc.

My baby is formula fed, and hopefully, will be breastfed to an extent.
It is not at all how I imagined my life, to say the least.
I grew up expecting to have babies naturally, and breastfeed them, just like my mother did.
Instead, I got handed 7 miscarriages, and now a very beautiful baby that I am adopting.
Its all good in the end.

We are on the second and third generations of formula feeding now, and things are not getting any better as a result.
Modern foods and modern government have robbed that which is natural from our bodies.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
whooot!

Hola - you are so much fun - why ain'tcha been around? go and start a journal so we can keep up with you

:)

ps I had to be someone's Lactation Consultant. Me, with only dairy goat experience, them with a pump. Me dying of embarrassment "helping" her... you can only imagine how it went. And I can't even say "placenta" and there I was. Milking someone.
Did you put her on your milk stand? :lol:!! Sorry, bad taste I know, just couldn't help myself! I do have to say though that you are a REALLY good friend to do that even though you were probably red faced the whole time!

Hrm, I'll have to look into starting a journal then!

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
OK ya'all, I posted that article because I feel it is good to be reading the stuff that is going on out there.
Not to start a knock down, drag 'em out, you posted with intent to mislead, etc.

My baby is formula fed, and hopefully, will be breastfed to an extent.
It is not at all how I imagined my life, to say the least.
I grew up expecting to have babies naturally, and breastfeed them, just like my mother did.
Instead, I got handed 7 miscarriages, and now a very beautiful baby that I am adopting.
Its all good in the end.

We are on the second and third generations of formula feeding now, and things are not getting any better as a result.
Modern foods and modern government have robbed that which is natural from our bodies.
Oh, Bubblingbrooks, I'm so sorry for the hand you were delt, I can't imagine how painful this has been for you. I didn't see your original post as an attempt to mislead, only to get people to think about what is going on out there. I think you are amazing for making the choice to breastfeed your baby! I'm glad I was able to breastfeed, though not everyone gets that choice.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My DSL is back online and this is one of the first threads I am reading and HOLY COW

:lol: :lol: (searching around frantically for a boob-smilie--darn can't find one!) :bun

Latest posts