framing fowl -daily living

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Thanks to you both! Well, I'd better be up and at it. Got errands to run and then be to work.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
On tap for today: cleaning out the old straw in the garden shed from the chickens, painting the back door on the garage, and planting 100 or so bulbs in the front flower bed.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what kind of bulbs are you planting. I just got back into flowers since I finally have time. I am a flower nut!

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, just found your thread today, read so long I finally had to stop....praying for you and your continued success in just about all you do....great ideas.....G my project at the moment is caring for 25 isa brown chicks hatched 10/11/11 -- cool here /no problem have 2 heat lamps if needed or as needed I should say...preparing a new hen house made out of a childs swing set (A-frame /glider will stay inside)..really neat looks like a old time school house...used very wide cypress boards for bottom and ripple tin for roof...adding addition for a large run on outside...

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Planting some tulips, hyacinth, and aliums.

:frow Hi Kingsfarm! I'll take all the prayers I can get. Your coop sounds really cute. Do you have any photos of it? Do you hatch your chicks in a incubator or did you order them?

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They were ordered because supposed to be a special breed, start laying at 4 mos...lay extra large eggs...have them for eggs only (until new layers are ready then they will be MEAT birds) they are a good dual purpose I would think...will see.......don't know how to do pictures but will get a digital camera and see...I have incubated the dual purpose (around 40) a mixture of mostly RIRs and Buff Orps.. will process all roos before winter, Am very excited learned to skin chickens so I now know we will EAT.. didn't want to depend on any one else,.. the chickens are mine and I will do what I have to do...am building runs now with electric fence post, flexible chicken wire (small enough for chicks) and will cover the run with red plastic fencing....works great have done this before....am 72 and still blessed to be very active, we milk a cow...by the way anyone know where I can get a milking machine...DH is 79 and the job will be coming to me one of these days....hope not soon Ha..see ya, thanks for answering....prayers you all have from me....G no time for flowers..shoot