framing fowl -daily living

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
theres definatly something going o with that, i dont know what but fireworks dont suddenly make blackbirds fall out of the sky dead..if it did this would happen every 4th of july too!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Windy here, and cold! 40 mph gusts. Hold on to your bloomers! We had our first snow, November 29th. The old timers here say...whatever day the first snow falls on, that is how many days it will snow for the season. Hmmm, so we will get 29 days of snow? YIKES! I know the persimmon seed had a spoon in it....this means a lot of shoveling of snow. darn. I better get more feed in for the animals...

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Sunny, still and 55 deg on the way to a forecast high of 68. Rose parade tomorrow expecting sun and mid 70's. A beautiful day in California!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The weather has been weird here, too!

Two snows in November, 53 degrees on Christmas day and my Rosemary plants started blooming (they're full of buds still...). Since Christmas, it's been in the 50's to mid 60's...67 was our high yesterday. :idunno

Around 4 a.m. we had a cold front move through and I was sure we were going to blow away. It's 53 and sunny today and our high for tomorrow is 39, then we'll be back in the high 50's in a couple days. When the winter weather finally gets here, I think it's gonna hit us good. :hide

Birds fall from sky in Beebe, AR

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's been warm here-but it's going to turn colder. Tuesday and Wednesday it's not supposed to get above freezing. :(

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're in Celcius temps... but tomorrow is supposed to be 7 degrees above 0... then wednesday is supposed to be -12.

That's crazy weather for us... this time last year the snow in the yard was almost waist deep, this year there is not a flake of snow out there (we've had snow, but never more than 10 inches and it's all melted). It's because we got a snowblower last year, this would be the first year I don't have to shovel a 200 foot driveway by hand so we probably won't get any snow :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've popped in here. Looks a bit dusty. Time to get out the broom and dustrag!

Just been living life pretty much. Still working two jobs so no garden this year. We bought a house in ID and will be leaving here the first part of July. This house still hasn't sold so we're listing it with a leasing agency for rent next month. Not our first choice but we're not going to delay moving forward with life any longer!

Flowers and trees are all doing good, dogs are doing good, DH is doing good. We're just tidying everything up one last time, have a few small repair projects that we want to complete since we're looking at renters rather than a sale now.

I see lots of new faces that I don't know here and lots of people that I've missed lately. I look forward to getting acquainted and caught up with the doings!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have been wondering where you were at!!!! :frow Nice to see you back!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back Buff! Hope you're having a fun vacation!

Today I had SO MUCH FUN! It was day one of my motorcycle rider course. Spent about 7 hours riding and more of the same tomorrow. I don't know if I told you all or not but I picked up a pocket bike on CL to ride back and forth to work as a gas saver. I don't think I've grinned so much in seven hours in a long time!

I know Denim Deb rides, anyone else around here ride motorcycles?