Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
SO glad you finally got help. I would have gone back to that urgent care and told them they needed to fix it and NOT charge me! Not cool that they ignored your complaints completely!
Glad you're on the mend, take care of yourself through all of this. I manifest my emotions in my knee, so things get wonky when I'm stressed out, which only compounds the problems. So don't do what I do and be sure to take care of yourself :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If the back problems continue, it wouldn't hurt to go to a chiropractor. They may be able to help w/out the steroids.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Give up my steroids?? No way! :) I've never felt better - these things are a miracle drug!

K... all kidding aside I have no intentions of staying on the steroids for any more than I have to. But, I'm not a chiropractor lover.. lots of people swear by 'em, but the one time I went I had a very negative experience and I won't be going back. To each his own, I guess. :)

I have two sick chickens, ugh. Both are roosters so no loss of egg production if they don't make it, but I don't want to lose either one of 'em. One is a Lavender Orpington roo and he's big and gorgeous and while I have a spare, I want to keep him around too. His comb/wattles are very pale and he's low energy so I gave him some Ivomec by mouth last night. He was still alive this morning....

The other one must have Bumblefoot or something similar. I noticed him walking funny a couple days ago, and last night his foot was hugely swollen and he wouldn't even put it down unless forced to. I soaked it in some warm Epsom salt water and gave him a penicillin shot straight into that foot, eek! He's isolated in a pen of his own right now. I'll continue the soaking and penicillin but I really don't want to cut into that foot if I don't have to.

My weekend will pretty much be a bust as far as having time to get any farm work done. I have to work tomorrow. Not such a bad gig though. We're taking 30+ high school students to a live performance of "12 Angry Men" and a fajita lunch before the show. Hard work (lol) but some one has to do it.

Sunday I'll go see my mom for awhile. Maybe get something done earlier that morning. Just have to play it by ear I guess.

Happy Friday!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We did 12 Angry Men in one of my high school classes. I was supposed to be the back up for the lead (the teacher thought I was too nice to just be the lead), but the person who she put in that position got mad and dropped out. So, I got to do it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The play was a success! The kids loved it, the staff loved it - it was very well done and was very appropriate for today's times even though it originated in 1957.

Went and visited my mom for awhile on Sunday. It's amazing how much better she is - I never would have believed it. I guess they finally got her meds balanced correctly. She still has some resentment, and a lot of lost memories, but she seemed stable and agreeable in many ways.

Got home and jumped on the tractor and got the pasture mowed. I've been needing to get some round bales and will need to put the hay forks on the tractor - so I wanted to mow before taking off the mower.

Candled my shipped silkie eggs and pulled out more than half of them...grrrr. So I did what any self-respecting chicken addict would do - I filled the incubator back up with ameraucana eggs, lol. I think I put 2 dozen in.

Oh, oh, oh... Had to put one of my 7 bucks in line today. He's been getting a little too big for his britches lately, so I came up with a plan that I like really well. He's almost a year old, so I thought it was a little too late to band him...but I found an extra large bander that will do calves up to 700 lbs. Ordered that sucker and banded that smarty-pants tonight! He will make good eating next spring. So, THERE! He should never have messed with me. I do NOT tolerate aggressive animals.

Going to babysit the grandbabies Thursday - Sunday! Woo hoo, can't wait!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The play was a success! The kids loved it, the staff loved it - it was very well done and was very appropriate for today's times even though it originated in 1957.

Went and visited my mom for awhile on Sunday. It's amazing how much better she is - I never would have believed it. I guess they finally got her meds balanced correctly. She still has some resentment, and a lot of lost memories, but she seemed stable and agreeable in many ways.

Got home and jumped on the tractor and got the pasture mowed. I've been needing to get some round bales and will need to put the hay forks on the tractor - so I wanted to mow before taking off the mower.

Candled my shipped silkie eggs and pulled out more than half of them...grrrr. So I did what any self-respecting chicken addict would do - I filled the incubator back up with ameraucana eggs, lol. I think I put 2 dozen in.

Oh, oh, oh... Had to put one of my 7 bucks in line today. He's been getting a little too big for his britches lately, so I came up with a plan that I like really well. He's almost a year old, so I thought it was a little too late to band him...but I found an extra large bander that will do calves up to 700 lbs. Ordered that sucker and banded that smarty-pants tonight! He will make good eating next spring. So, THERE! He should never have messed with me. I do NOT tolerate aggressive animals.

Going to babysit the grandbabies Thursday - Sunday! Woo hoo, can't wait!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
glad things went well with your mom. wise to get some help for your brother and your parents too. that's a hard job 24/7
I've had the same problem with shipped eggs or even eggs that i picked up from someone's farm. my farm eggs just pop out like popcorn but the others didn't hatch well at all. out of 2 dozen Wyandotte eggs i had shipped in 3 hatched and two of them were roosters. one of the roosters was mean as a snake so i killed him, didn't butcher him just killed him. i felt so bad. he had already flogged me once that morning and the second time he came at me i hit at him with a stick, hit him in the head and he just flopped twice and was gone. made chicken and dumplings. which left me one hen and one roo out of 24 eggs. i was not happy. i would have thought i had done something wrong if it hadn't been for the fact that my own eggs hatched beautifully.
be blessed kiddo

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've heard that shipped eggs are a real gamble. But sometimes it's the only way to get a rare breed you want.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i found that out the hard way. i'll just go thru a hatchery to get the chicks i want. I'm not a fancy chicken kind of girl anyway. in fact when i order from murry mcmurry they always send an 'exotic mystery chick', this year it is a buff polish hen. she is cute as can be but I'm going to find her a new home because she'll never make it free ranging with the others, her head feathers block her view of everything so it will only be a matter of time before something nabs her.