Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MH - you know how all this goes, for sure! Unfortunately, there are thousands upon thousands of us in this situation... :(

Well, she does have the keys to the truck - BUT - for some reason - nobody knows how or why (wink, wink) the garage door opener doesn't work right now. :hide Neither one of them can lift the door manually either. She promises she's not going to drive so I questioned her on why she wants the keys back so badly. Because she's a control freak that's why. Her episodes of dementia seem to amplify her bad personality characteristics. My mother has always been a manipulator and she's still doing it.

My worst fear is that they'll demand their guns back and I know my brother would go to jail before turning them over. He asked me to say that the folks 'gave' him all the guns and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. I think the truth in this situation is good enough. She's threatened to kill every one around her and then herself - she's not getting the guns back!

I hear ya on the tiny house idea! It's crazy because I always had in my mind that my parents would grow old gracefully, that maybe they'd live with one of us kids and enjoy their last years in peace surrounded by loved ones. Right now I'm grateful that they can't climb stairs and that I live in a two story house with all bedrooms and full-baths upstairs. Did I say that.....?

Anyway.... I'm on the last day of the babysitting gig, lol. I've enjoyed my grands since Thursday, but as soon as my DD and SIL get back I'll be making a bee line south to the casa. No telling what I'll find when I get home after DH has been in charge since Thursday - argh! But - I'm thankful that he is willing to do that for me. At least he tries!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MH - I hear ya on not breeding right now - but I NEEEEEEEEEED some sort of normal in my life, lol. I'm torn between breeding EVERYTHING on the place and breeding nothing...

But, I do have eggs in the incubator that are due in a week. Maybe that will fulfill my needs for now?

Happy Sunday ya'll.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mother didn't want to drive once she moved close to me; she much preferred having an on-call chauffeur. I would have been fine with that except that her house was 15 miles away from me, and she wouldn't/couldn't do all her shopping at once. I would get a call that she wanted to go to the store for salt. She didn't need anything else, thank you. But there would be a call waiting on the answering machine by the time I got home that she needed me to come in and take her back to the store because she'd discovered she need an egg for whatever she was making and didn't have any... etc. Once, she wanted me to come in (winter, ice on the roads) and bring her a pencil. When I suggested that she go downstairs and ask the office (assisted living facility at the time) for a pencil, she replied "Oh, I don't want to bother them, just bring me a pencil" :somad

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my - I don't know how you did it! I live over an hour away so it wouldn't be possible for me to do that even if I were of a mind to, lol.

I talked to her today and it was a perfectly normal conversation .... wow. She just told me how hard it is to take care of everything now that my brother isn't doing it all for them anymore. Several of us family members think it's best if he doesn't start handling it again because maybe then they will realize they need help and agree to assisted living. Heck, it wouldn't take much to convince ME to go to assisted living, some of those places are really posh.

(except I'd miss my critters so I'm gonna hold off for a while longer!)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to live where I couldn't have my critters either.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree, but when we toured the facility, it was awfully tempting; nice little apartment, housecleaner once a week, a small kitchen if you want to cook or you could go visit one of the (3!) dining rooms, swimming pool, spa, and gym... *sigh*
Still, it can't compete with watching a doe give birth only 50 yards away, or watching a mass of quail wander through the brush pile looking for bugs...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree Britesea, for me it would be like a luxury jail. But, for 'city' folks...

I candled eggs last night and it looks like I might, hopefully, maybe have 6 - 8 good silkie eggs. After taking out the quitters I stuck a bunch of ameraucana eggs in their place. Kinda sorta candled them last night (just stuck the flash light on them without pulling them out of the 'bator) and it looks like there's almost 100% development in those. So, maybe, just maybe (see - I'm trying not to count my chickies before hatch day) I might get some replacement layers out of them. The ones I have now are laying well - but not really what I'd call a dual purpose bird. They are considerably smaller than my heavy breeds like the Sussex and Orpingtons. Not gonna complain though... even skinny chickens taste pretty good in the soup pot, lol.

Just like a miracle (!) the buck that I banded last week has already started to see the error of his ways. He was quiet and totally respectful when I went out to feed last night. Ain't it amazing what a little ol' rubber band can accomplish?

Happy Monday, ya'll!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ditto that, Deb, lol!

I'm about to get band happy. Who needs 7 bucks? Oh wait - I only have 6 bucks now!

Strangest thing in the mail today. We got a bill from the hospital where my husband was treated after his car wreck over a year ago....let me say that again ... a bill from a hospitalization over a year ago. HUH? What's up with that? Geeze!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i did build a tiny house after i retired and most of the time i just love it. one bedroom, bath, pantry and living room kitchen combo with a vaulted ceiling to make it feel bigger. unfortunately i made the mistake of getting a sofa that makes into a queen sized bed and that's where DD and SIL sleep when they are here. they can stand it for a weekend but not any longer;).
FEM I'm so sorry your mom is going backwards. sounds like she isn't taking her meds correctly. I'm liking @Mini Horses gremlin idea. then she can't blame anyone but the car. hang in there. i'll keep youall in my prayers.

Latest posts