Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, SS.

Hubster is still in the 'deciding' stage right now. He loves the job he has now, loves his boss and his 'peeps' love having him for a boss. It's a good situation. The only reason he's considering it is because we'd like to retire within the next 10 years or so and with the increased income from that job would make life easier.

My daughter also has a standing job offer from an attorney in Dallas - but NOOOOOO - it's so much further away than she is now. They tried to get her a year or so ago, even offered moving expenses, so I'm almost resigned to her moving there. But, I sure don't have to like it.

Halloween was a bust again this year - not one single trick - or - treater...:( Of course, it doesn't help that we live on a dead-end road out in the country... So, the candy that I bought this year has, once again, been delivered to my students. I'll probably regret it cuz they'll be on a sugar high and drive me crazy! But, whatcha gonna do???

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
So, the candy that I bought this year has, once again, been delivered to my students. I'll probably regret it cuz they'll be on a sugar high and drive me crazy! But, whatcha gonna do???
I'd probably eat it myself! :hide

:hugs For your daughter and good luck on deciding what to do on hubby's job offer. Those are both tough!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, I ate plenty of it last night, lol. And it is just two doors down from me right now in the office kitchen...calling to me... ARGH!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Happy to be Me said:
I'd probably eat it myself! :hide
Me too. But, I can't eat it yet. The governor decided to push Halloween back to Monday for the whole state. I can understand in the areas that were hard hit by Sandy, but we weren't! And, I didn't know until after I got everything all ready. Now I have this candy sitting there staring me in the face saying, Eat me. :barnie

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a lesson in willpower! One that I'd probably lose....:(

I checked the candy stash in the office kitchen and those students had done exactly what I hoped they'd do - they took it ALLLLLLLLLLLLL! :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
That's a lesson in willpower! One that I'd probably lose....:(

I checked the candy stash in the office kitchen and those students had done exactly what I hoped they'd do - they took it ALLLLLLLLLLLLL! :)
And that is why I normally don't buy it until the day I need it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a bad day at all. We did some more general clean-up in the yard. We still hadn't put away all the extra pieces of boards that were left over from the fence project. We've decided to add some of the fence pickets to the existing back fence which is wire fence. It will tie in with the new fence which is just on the front and sides of the yard. I've kept the back fence wire so I could see the critters when I look out the back windows. But, just for asthetic reasons, I want to go ahead and put a board fence across the back. I'm only going to make it 4 foot tall so I'll still be able to see over it pretty well, but it'll look so much better. We'll purchase some more 8 foot pickets and cut them in half. The existing fence already has a bottom and a top board that we can attach the pickets to so it'll be a very economical project.

I let the pigs out into the pasture today - holding my breath the entire time. I was half afraid that they'd head out to the very back and refuse to pen back up when I wanted them to. But, nope - it reinforced my idea that they think I'm their mama. They followed me out, took a dip in the pond, ran around like crazy for awhile - but when I headed back - they followed me right back to their pen. I've been making sure that every time I feed them I call (like a crazy woman) "here piggy, piggy" in a high pitched voice. I always give 'em a treat when they come - it gets 'em every time.

Spooky- the goat that was so hard to get bred - hasn't lost her 'attitude'. I think she's bred, but she hates me now, lol. No love lost - she's a silly twit. But, she needs to calm back down before she kids so I can get her trained to the milk stand. I'm a little concerned about milking her - mostly because of her attitude, but also because her teats seem to be on the small side. I guess I shouldn't really complain too much, since one of the goats I milk is a Pygmy! But, if Spooky is gonna have attitude and be hard to milk - she might need to move on.... Time will tell.

I'm a little tired tonight, but it's been a good evening. We had a fundraiser and made over a grand! Woo hoo! Bingo nights are a great, fun way to raise money. Most of our prizes are donated so everything was pure profit! The kids worked hard, and had a blast doing it.

I'm thinking of popcorn for dinner and an early bedtime.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back, everybody.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That sounds like a really nutritious dinner! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We do the popcorn dinner occasionally - it's a good way to save some calories but it still makes you feel full. We pop it in one of those 'no oil needed' microwave poppers AND we use organic popcorn. So it is kinda, fairly, almost healthy! :drool Of course, if you pour a cup of melted butter on it - it kinda negates all the healthy stuff, lol.

Anyway - I skipped it in favor of an apple....

Gotta trim a few of these extra pounds before the January 'island' wedding!

Probably headed to the parents house for an afternoon visit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going on record to say that I Do Not Like This Time Change! I do the morning chores in the dark. I do the evening chores in the dark. I stepped on the blind dog in the dark. I tripped in the dark. I spilt milk in the dark.

Sigh.... how much longer til we change the time back?