Java. the end.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have come to believe that grass lawns are a waste of valuable garden space and am on a mission to make better use of all of it.
I soo agree with tthis statement!! Most of our three acres is fenced in for horses, but the rest I am working on turning it into something useful. Spending two + hours mowing is soooo stupid, IMO. Let animals do it, or turn it into gardens!

Welcome!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't know you were planning to get goats! We just sold our boers...were more trouble than they were worth! and I have a pygmy/dairy goat cross that I plan to breed to a pygmy/boer cross when they are grown. They are turning out to be some nice medium sized goats, and hopefully I'll have kids next year from them!

Check into the book "The Backyard Homestead". I've been impatiently waiting for my copy to arrive....*taps foot* I expected it to arrive this week, but it might not come until Monday. :(

It's really good to "see" you again!!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aly, we are wanting some dairy goats once we get set up for it. Lotta work to do yet. I actually have been on the lookout for some smaller crosses that have good milk capabilities.
Sigh, I had a much longer post written and daughter sat on my mouse and erased it.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
MOMENT OF PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought I was posting to my OWN journal!!!!!!!!!!!! Accidently posted my kid rant in yours!!!!!!!

:hide

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome. What part of Ohio?

I don't journal, just lurk and read Aly's journal -- and I barely have time to do that. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Welcome. What part of Ohio?

I don't journal, just lurk and read Aly's journal -- and I barely have time to do that. :)
See, Vicki! You aren't the only one spying on me!

*makes one want to behave....*

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haha! too funny Aly. Hey, if you need more space to rant, mi casa es su casa.