My Greenhouse Construction Thread (picture heavy)

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Silly Boy....trying not to post the whole addy on line.....Down Neola. My road sign is red and is white pine....now everyone in the whole wide world can find me. LOL

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, you two? Talk about a small world!!

Oh yes @sumi. Just over 4 miles..

Moon, come see my greenhouse....also you can see all my facebook pics without being my friend..bit you also could friend me... LOL

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Silly Boy....trying not to post the whole addy on line.....Down Neola. My road sign is red and is white pine....now everyone in the whole wide world can find me. LOL

Well, heck! That's not a left at the white church from my direction if you live on a road named for "Pinus strobus". wink-wink! ;) I would love to see that greenhouse. I have a business Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/MoonShadowsFarm/). It doesn't allow me to "like" personal Facebook pages.

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL..You are funny.....and now the whole world knows I live on Pinus strobus Dr.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

NOw I don't look like my pics...so you won't know me when you see me.....I would not post the extra 60 pounds on line even though I would post my addy....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This whole thing is too funny.....You can see my greenhouse if you would like...Everything is not like yours but you can get the gist of what I do....and you may get to meet ALICE....she is very special..

You would have to excuse my messyness.. I am just getting back on my foot from my June break...I don't worry about those things anymore..

*thinking must go get eggs before someone comes*

4 on left up hill.....I use my maiden name on fb....

Last edited:

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hehehehe...that pic of me and the one I used before that one are about 20 years old! I'm 60 now and about 60 lbs heavier. I hate to have my picture taken, and I don't think I have any that are less than 20 years old. Your green house looks more like the kind I really wanted...not a "kit", but who has the money these days to put out on a greenhouse from scratch...a more permanent structure? Is Alice your tortoise? I would love to meet her. Don't worry about the messiness; when I get by there some day, I'll feel right at home. I did see that nasty break you had on your Facebook page. Not sure when I'll stop, but some day if you're around. You do the same one day when you're on Running Valley....or in code...sprinting between the mountains! :lol:

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@sumi, If you lived closer we could spend an hour in my pantry...If is more messy than my house at the moment. LOL but it would be fun....

@MoonShadows You from Sussex? Why do you do allot of business there??

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, but we sell a lot of our stuff from a store in Sussex (Fresh Pickins) on 206 about 5 miles from the 206 bridge into Milford....and from 2 stores in Milford. We also do a couple of Craft Shows (Wilbur's Country Store in July and Sept.) and 2 fundraisers up that way each year (Sussex Methodist Church and High Point Regional HS). We have a good amount of "regulars" from that area that buy from us.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the reunion but an idea for your dampness/mold problems. Maybe perlite or vermiculite on top along with the fan would probably cure any problems. I know some people don't believe it is environmentally friendly but if I toss the soil out in the garden later in the year I don't feel to guilty about using them.