MyHouseIsAZoo2's SS Journal

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
will look forward to reading of your adventures. love the ducks. i have muscovey ducks and they are to tame, if there is such a thing. they follow me every where around the farm, they poke me on the leg when I'm feeding them to slowly and will eat out of my hand. i get so tickled at them and enjoy them every day. your two brown babies look like some kaki campbells i use to have. they are great egg layers but never did tame down. every time i went into their pen they would freak out, made me nuts.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I go in to feed them and they run to the other side of the pen, try to pick em up and they make it seem like your trying to murder them in a most villainous fashion... But they are starting to quack so their cute <3
My mom laughed at how Bubbles was named...
Bubbles and Pinky are cresteds and Twinnie says Oreo is a black not a blue Swedish. But I just rope them all as blues, we also highly suspect that pinky is our male.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There were a whole bunch of muscoveys in my field today. I could have picked them up, but instead just herded them out.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heehee
IMG_20140922_203149:nopm:.jpg

my ducks the night before they got moved outside

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has used the bathtub to house some babies. Last one was a little black lion head bunny I found. Her eyes were not open yet and I fed her from an eyedropper, she is a favorite rabbit in my yard and gets special attention. I named her Licorice.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If I used my bathtub, I'd be in trouble! We only have 1 bathroom! :lol:

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Day three:
The great table hunt continues....
Today I'll talk about my chickens, we'll started off with the original two
Suzanna who is a wheaten (and won two blue ribbons and best of reserve @ last years county fair) my youngest sister showed her as part of her FFA program.
Barbosa was a male blue wheaten we purchased at the county fair (he won a blue ribbon as well and was purchased from the same lady Suzanna came from) we had planned on breeding them for home use and to sell to a few of the FFA kids this year but he became too rough on Suzanna so we had to separate them and he passed from an unfortunate heat stroke (he had knocked his water bowl over while me and Twinnie where at work)
Sadly none of the eggs from their clutch hatched :'(

The kids:
They aren't all named but we have six mixed black coppers/copper Moran's. (Unfortunetly 5 of them are male so all but two maybe three will be in freezer camp this week or next)
Three Goldensexlinks (youngest sister says they are golden commets) all female :)
Two Barred Rocks also female.
Currently Suzanna is our only layer and she lays nice bluish tint eggs when she's laying (when I have no egg eaters!)