akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday my husband and I went to Roseville with our oldest daughter to get her a newer car. She now has a 23 ev. I got my tiller Friday and my husband and I got a big part of the garden tilled up but still have a lot of work to do before planting time. Hopefully I can get it done this weekend if it's not raining.

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm shocked you could till anything, after all that rain. 😁
We were able to but we had to keep stopping to clean the tines on the tiller bc of the crabgrass 😠. The lady that we bought the property from decided to plant that after removing the hot tub. It sucks knowing that ppl are so ignorant to believe that crabgrass is a grass not a weed. 😡GGGRRRR

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We were able to but we had to keep stopping to clean the tines on the tiller bc of the crabgrass 😠. The lady that we bought the property from decided to plant that after removing the hot tub. It sucks knowing that ppl are so ignorant to believe that crabgrass is a grass not a weed. 😡GGGRRRR

crabgrass or quackgrass (couch grass)? we have plenty of both... i don't recommend planting either.

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's about 2 blocks away from me.
IMG_20240219_104432.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's helping recharge the groundwater and further north really needs all the help it can get after the past few years. snowpack for places inland it also helps out and the Great Salt Lake and Mono Lake and ...

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
it's helping recharge the groundwater and further north really needs all the help it can get after the past few years. snowpack for places inland it also helps out and the Great Salt Lake and Mono Lake and ...
I'm pretty close to Redding California and we're still getting the rain fall. It's supposed to clear up in the next few days but it's just what we need in Northern California due to the drought we've been getting. I'm hoping all the rain will help my garden do better than last year.