NH Homesteader's journal

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember twisting my ankle one time when I was putting my shoe on. Should've seen the look on my Doctors face when I told her how it happened. The older I get the easier I hurt myself. If doesn't help that I have two left feet, lol.
Umm all I remember is trying to open the grain bin yesterday and my glove kind of slipped and I twisted it weirdly. Which seems ridiculous.. We buy grain in bulk in 55 gallon olive containers. Do you know what I'm talking about, the tops spin off?

I do know what you're talking about....maybe you just twisted it wrong. Hope that's all it is, but I'd sure get some ice on it if you can. Hope it gets better - it's hard to be hurt when you've got a little one around.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I have the same problem. My husband always says he hopes our daughter doesn't inherit my gracefulness... Or lack thereof!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So tonight we went and cut off the front shoulders and brought them home to process. Usually we would let everything hang another day but we are trying to be gracious to the person whose cooler we are using.

We got 4 roasts, the front couple of ribs that are right by the shoulder and the rest we ground. Our meat grinder is awesome BTW!

I have to go paper wrap it (it's in saran wrap now), label and freeze it. We were almost done when our friend called my husband... His cow got out, can you go get him back in? Haha this is our Friday night!

My daughter watched and talked incessantly about the My Little Ponies and asked where the bacon was about a million times, lol!

Anyway I've been ip since 4:30 so I'm eager to finish this project and go to bed. Have to get up early and catch birds.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The fun never ends, huh!? I'm about to go to bed too. DH is out of town tonight and all I can think of to do is go to bed....I'm so boring!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Losing your taste for wine?:ep I like red wine, but the sulfites or whatever they're called, give me migraines. Hence making our own bacon, without that junk in it.

My mother texted me this morning that they heard a screeching sound followed by a coyote celebration at 2am and were my animals safe? They're all good but I don't like them being that close.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's temporary, lol!

Glad all the critters are good! Coyotes are a real pai! We hear them right across the street from us - but with our fences and LGD's we've never had a problem.