NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol right? pretty decent meatloaf I dare say!

We are like super stressed out trying to get ready for winter. Finishing butchering, plus winterizing the house, putting away all the meat bird coops and.... Oh we still have to move and clean out our giant chicken coop... And most of my goats are due for hoof trimmings and it's almost time for breeding them.

Dare I say :th

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nobody better pick on meat loaf around here! It's one of my favorites.

Know what you mean about getting ready for winter... but around here it doesn't really mean getting ready for cold - mostly it's getting ready for mud...:\

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh mud comes after winter!

My chickens really hate winter. They don't really ever go outside. It's kind of pathetic. Everyone else toughs it out. Big tough Dominique rooster, oldest birds in America, can't take the cold. :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They would love that. They would be real snowbirds! My daughter told my grandfather that he has to go to Florida in the winter because "old people don't like the cold" haha!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
RV parks are VERY popular in Texas, especially in the winter. I was born in the Rio Grande Valley, close to the Mexican border and my grandfather lived there. We'd go visit and he referred to the winter visitors as Yankee Snowbirds. Terminology has changed, it is now Winter Texans. LOL

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We still call them snowbirds!

Working on getting pork in the freezer. Both hams are cut into roasts and pieces for the sausage pile (to be ground in the morning). Working on ribs, chops and pork belly now. It's going to be a late night. Husband is cutting and I'm wrapping. Our daughter is supervising lol. She's so excited she's been talking nonstop! Haha

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh we quit on the smoking idea for now because we don't have time to breathe never mind build a smoker. In the spring we will do everything the way we want! For now... We have things mostly the way we want them!